And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats on the Niagara trip, well deserved after yopur PITA assistant and subsequent extra hard work! If you have time, head up to the Canadian side, to a nice town called Niagara on the Lake. Some wineries there, and a cute little downtown for shopping. My wife and I did a 5-day trip there, and I always joke that we need a good stereo store or music store wherever we vacation.

Well, first road we stopped on (I think Victoria Ave).....stereo store RIGHT where I parked!

But a great place to visit, quite charming.

Edited by skullguise

Fighting a cold that started last week. This thing keeps taking odd turns and is just knocking me out. Sore throat/earache (earache my eye, how'd you like a buttache?) tingly body. Blech. Heading to the doctor tomorrow morning. I"m hoarse enough, though, that if I pick up a scottish accent I sound pretty much like Craig Ferguson.

Hope you feel better. Colds suck.

I got together with Al (pabbi1) and Alex (monsieurguzel) for a mini meet this evening. Alex had a pair of SR-009 that he hadn't been able to try out since he is still waiting for his BHSE. We were happy to provide amps to get a chance to listen. All I can say is that they are fucking fantastic. I am seriously thinking of selling a bunch of gear (LCD-2, Woo Audio WA5LE, ... ) to justify getting a pair. They sounded great with both amps there (Cavalli Audio LL and KGSS). I loved that they sounded great with all types of music. Basically, The PS Audio PWD Mark II (Alex's) + KGSS + SR-009 was as good as I've heard and I want a pair.

It was also very nice to meet Alex.

A few pics.

rWU0L.jpg

LMWsW.jpg

6KwhZ.jpg

J0dD7.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Was def. a great little meet and was fun catching up with a few Houston ppl out there.

Out of the gear that was brought to the meet, SR-009 was head and shoulders above everything else, but we'll have to try the SR-007 vs 009 once i get the BHSE

Liquid lightning was decent but didn't do anything for me over the KGSS. If anything I preferred the KGSS for both 007 and 009 over the LL, but it might have been source related since i'm not a big fan of having tubed sources. Also, biasing was set for Sennheisers vs. Stax, which might have had something to do with it.

Also kind of sad how this turned into a one reference track, one headphone meet by the end :)

Wait, I didn't hear you talk about any gear blowing up. Are you sure Al was there? biggrin.png

Yes, but I don't think he built any of the gear. ;)

I thought we would have running water tonight but no. The plumber spent a lot of the day digging in the area where the leak is, cut open one pipe but that turned out to be the sprinkler pipe not the main pipe. So we still have a leak. Sigh. We can turn on the water to the house for a short time to fill up toilets and/or take a shower but it is somewhat inconvenient. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Certainly much better than what Grahame is going through.