And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

My 70 Beetle has been running awful for the last month or so. First the carburetor was leaking so had it replaced when working on the float of the old carburetor did not help. Then the fuel pump was leaking as well and installed an old fuel pump I had laying around. However the car kept on running poorly and the gas milage had gone from 28 mpg in mixed highway/city driving to 20 mpg. Lastly took the old vacuum advance distributor and replaced it with an old mechanical advance distributor I had and it is running better. I think the diaphragm on the vacuum advance system is busted! Luckily they sell replacements for $35 or used ones (risky) for $10. I should know in a few days after I check the mpg if the problem has been sold.

Yay for insurance, Haj! Hope this cures your ills.

Details on ass-kicking (and no details on ass-TAKING laugh.png ) would be great.....

Yesterday at work, one of our Project Managers is chatting with me, and tells me how he was cleaning up a bit and came across a large pile of CD's in his closet. He already has them on his iPod, with multiple backups. His question to me: "You want 'em....?" Heck, yeah!

So I came home last night with what must be about 100 CD's, but almost all are case-less, so some scratch repairs may be needed. A lot of 80's music, some Jazz (Ella and Basie, for example, looking forward to hearing that), some cheap Classical. A nice surprise! Going to bring him a nice bottle of Port Monday as thanks.

Edited by skullguise

Went to the new Apple Store in Houston today to get a smart cover for the ipad3. This store is right across the street from the grocery store I shop at which could be quite dangerous! Also, I am now completely convinced that smart cover I bought on amazon marketplace was a fake. :palm: Why don't I ever learn?

aB2C3.jpg

Rented an appliance dolly and with the help of my two sons, tried to move a huge ass old side by side refrigerator from the basement to the garage. Tried being the key word. The basement stairs go straight into a wall with only 3' clearance, right angle turn. Had the fridge on the stairs sans appliance dolly, but just couldn't do it as I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. So back down into the basement.

I guess once I figure out how to get the freon removed from it, I'll cut it up with a reciprocating saw and get it out that way. Major fail on my part having it put down there instead of the garage when we moved into this house facepalm.png Not sure what the fuck I was thinking.

Any advice on getting it out of there appreciated.

Edited by Pars

Had a great day in the warm weather....wife and I took a long slow ride along a scenic route in MA. Suburban, rural, and then seacoast. Ended up in a nice coastal town called Rockport, touristy but not crazy today.... Then tonight, out with family, Mahi Mahi taco's and homemade ice cream.

A nice summer day in March!

Took Xavier to see Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus today, we both took a ton of pictures. Bloody low-light, though, so about half an hour in I got "daddy, and you make the pictures be not blurry?" 50 f/1.4 to the rescue! Hope they turn out. I had to swap to some cheap 70-300. I hope those turn out too.

Finished the night up with a trip for 2 to our favorite Mexican joint where we had an awesome server and a great meal. This, on top of having a blast yesterday, made this one of the best weekends I've had in the past year. (Last weekend in Tampa wasn't bad either.)

Now, to catch up on sleep.

**BRENT**