And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sad I never got to see a launch... I saw a few landings, including night landings... But I was waiting for the Vandenburg launch until it was scrapped...

Me neither. It would've really been cool to have been able to do this:

mlIQt.jpg

I was lucky enough to see a launch. Holiday to Orlando for the obvious reasons from the UK, Shuttle launch kept getting delayed due to weather / technical issues , which saw us driving from one coast of Florida to the other to see stuff and catch the actual launch. Finally with the launch a "go" we drove across Florida, listening to the countdown on the radio, finally found a vantage point in the form of an upper deck in a bar, where other locals had gathered. We were about 5 miles from the launch tower.

I'll never forget seeing the Shuttle rise on a pillar of flame, brighter than the sun, in an eerie silence, and then the sound hit, and kept on coming. Impressive.

Found out that Duke University is giving my daughter scholarships that will cover a little over 50% of her total school costs (tuition, room, board, books, etc). This is wonderful news, since Duke will only cost us slightly more than if she had gone to a Colorado state college like CU Boulder or CSU.

Travel expenses will still cost a lot more, but she won't need a car at school and the savings on lower car insurance will pay for round trip plane tickets to return for thanksgiving, christmas, spring break, and summer break.

Congrats Larry, well done! Congrats for your daughter and wife as well. azn.gif

Setup and enjoyed the new fancy transport with sexy custom woodwork...

parasound.jpg

Very sexy Ric.

Drove home to Oklahoma to say goodbye to my Dad. He's in a hospice dying of stomach cancer and has no time left. He's still conscious and in no pain, but having pretty labored breathing while talking. Never drank or smoked in his life.

Fucking stomach cancer...

Man, that really sucks. Sorry.

Drove home to Oklahoma to say goodbye to my Dad. He's in a hospice dying of stomach cancer and has no time left. He's still conscious and in no pain, but having pretty labored breathing while talking. Never drank or smoked in his life.

Very sorry to read this. Best vibes going your way.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear hope you and the family find peace and solace. Glad you were able to see him.