And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Besides work haven't made it out of the house a lot lately, but to celebrate Mother's Day took the family to Picchetti Winery in the Santa Cruz Foothills. Found a nice meadow in the neighboring open space reserve for a little picnic. Was great. No gators though.

post-128-13369441327839_thumb.jpg

Edited by blessingx

Did the Mother's Day celebration with my in-laws who were up for my wife's Bat-Mitzvah, we all went (with my niece on my wife's side) to a very nice brunch in Cambridge, MA. Then dropped off the in-laws at the airport, and off a bit to the North End of BostonFinally, home and dinner (fresh homemade pasta for wife and son, sliced Hot Sopresatta and cheese for me....yummage).

It was a very nice day, except for one part where I slightly pissed off my wife. Almost 17 years of marriage, and I'm still not fully trained.....laugh.png

Besides work haven't made it out of the house a lot lately, but to celebrate Mother's Day took the family to Picchetti Winery in the Santa Cruz Foothills. Found a nice meadow in the neighboring open space reserve for a little picnic. Was great. No gators though.

post-128-13369441327839_thumb.jpg

Nice! picnic + winery > kayaking with gators.

I pulled about 40 wood ticks off the dogs last night. They died in the flames (one more advantage to having a wood stove in the house). This year's tick season is brutal.

I'm about to leave on the train for a few days in Edmonton. I've got to pull something out of my arse for a meeting with my graduate supervisor tomorrow morning, but after that I'm looking forward to re-visiting some of my old haunts in the university area. I might try to buy an old discman from a guy there as well, if I can get in touch with him - he was selling a D-777 last I checked.

Scheduled an eye appointment for Thursday afternoon. Not related to the whole "bug-flew-in-eye-and-fucked-my-cornea's-shit-up" fiasco.

I'm going to switch back to glasses after going with contacts exclusively for the last 11-12 years. Might split time between the two, but I hope to really use the glasses more because I'm getting tired of contacts.

^ He must have really been moving to cause that much damage. My guess is he's not an owner/operator!

I've found that I really have to be careful not to get too far off of the interstate system in my motorhome which is 13'2" high (built on a Volvo semi truck chassis). Plus, it's 84 feet long counting the trailer which is almost always attached. So I don't have nearly the tight turning radius that these guys do. That, and they couldn't give a shit if they scratch up anything but their cabs, and that goes even for the owner/operators.

There's a falling asleep at the wheel joke here somewhere.

Hey!!! That had nothing to do with tree branches!!!

I forget what some of you people know sometimes... too funny.

I was wearing my UE10s and listening to an unfamiliar Beatles song. The last thing I remember, prior to seeing the turn that I could not possibly make... was that I was wondering to myself, "Is that George singing the lead? What a shame... they really bullied him around a lot... he being the youngest... never got his fair share of the spotlight... it was always John and Paul..."

Edited by Wmcmanus

Good work Larry glad to see you're keeping it up. Yes my metabolism, appetite and height combination is a recipe for being a huge guy but I'm glad to be finally progressing back to where I want to be. The goal is 210 which isn't too bad at 6'5", I'd like lower but I'd be happy there.

Wayne: Lol