And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Very cool, Dinny. It kind of reminds me of standing on Ford Island (which is located in Pearl Harbor) listening as a submarine came back into port. All of the ships currently in dock welcomed her home with blasts from their main horns. It was pretty surreal.

Finished clearing out my office. sad.png

Found out they hired someone. angry.png No, I'm not going to go postal, but do any of our lawyer brethren know if that's legal? The claim is that technically, the offer was made long ago (long before the reduction in force), it's only his start date that's this week.

Truly sucks, give them hell and make them suffer.

At my old company, I swear someone read the "Inhumane MBA Manual of Layoffs Without Costs" to get rid of some folks before they did some outsourcing. There seemed to be a minimum number of people that got a 2 (out of 5) on their annual reviews. A 2 means sub-par, and there's no bonus, no raise, and they are put on "plan" (from which they will never come off). A fair amount of folks left in dusgust, or got pushed out for not coming off plan.

Later, they did a formal layoff with severance and transition plans, but for those early ones it was the most horrible treatment I've seen in my 25+ years in corporate life.....I can think of only one person who was possibly a level 2 for their review....

Edited by skullguise

I was, indeed, really really pissed last night. But I think I need to move on, just so it doesn't emotionally fester. I was told today that it was for an entirely different position ("...basically an intern..."), whereas I'm a senior level guy. :\ Not sure that helps. Also got told I might get hired back. That might help.

Joined the Philly Hash House Harriers for a beer mile. I'm now the owner of the "chug cape". I didn't come in last, and I can drink a beer faster than anyone, so all things considered, it was a good night. I'll rejoin them next month I think.