And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

That was my favorite part about meeting with the lawyers at the request of my patients - getting paid my hourly rate without argument.

Didn't even have to file an insurance claim!

I've just come off a 4 day jury trial that finished last Friday. This required working for 3 and a half full days of preparation, and working from 5:00 am to at least 7:00 pm every day of the trial to keep on top of things.

Oh, that sounds awful. I've never been chosen for a jury. I never get past the screening questions.

My uncle had surgery yesterday and there were some complications. One of my cousins (who's quite religious) was trying to convince one of my other cousins (who is decidedly not) to pray. There was some drama. Funny how stressful situations bring simmering family tension to the surface. It has been a long an hellacious day. It's raining and i don't want to go to the gym.

Best to your Uncle! Hoping for a quick recovery ... and prayers for whoever wants to pray.

hire a sniper.

Thought has crossed my mind, though the local ordinances may have some issues with use of sniper.

The culprit is obviously an herbivore. Hire a carnivore.

Salty, will trade coyotes and rattle snakes for vinyl. My garden is never at risk. azn.gif

Already have coyotes around, though obviously they're slacking.

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

The good news is that my two cousins buried the hatchet (and not in each other's skulls) not long after I left last night. The bad news is that while the doctors were performing what was supposed to be relatively simple stomach surgery on my uncle, they punctured his esophagus. Their mistake has necessitated a much more involved procedure to fix it. After 5 hours of surgery today, they did not locate the perforation but [did something medical that I don't understand] to fix the situation. Last I heard my uncle is in stable condition, but is going to be in the ICU for eight to ten days.

The last two days have been much more difficult than I anticipated but it looks like things will calm down for a bit. All we can do now is wait and pray (or not).

Good thoughts your way, knucks

^ this

Some good, father-son, father-son times there Al, congrats on the special times and great games to boot!

^ and this

And congrats on the house guzziguy!

Me: spent the day trimming a 40' foot long hedge... sure glad my oldest son was around to help.

Edited by Pars

My son and I just witnessed perfection. Matt Cain threw a perfect game with 14 strikeouts. Giants win10-0. Woo hoo!

c6e4d52d-705a-aa8e.jpg

WINWINWIN! I thought of you as soon as I read the news. Can't believe you guys were there. That's one of those father/son moments that you will both cherish forever. I'm so glad you were there.