And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got the Christmas tree lighting gig this year at Camana Bay, which is an awesome event which draws thousands of people. Seems kind of lame in this video, but it's really a nice event. Of course, the Santa they had last year wasn't the real deal...

(Santa's job is to plug in the Christmas tree, which they don't show, but no biggie).

They also do a boat show called the "Parade of Light" in the adjoining canal with dozens of boats all lit up in creative Christmas ways. I'll be participating in that event as well, as I did last year, arriving in the last boat.

she's already riding a bicycle? that reminds me of my niece, who is 19th months old, but i swear she will be in college soon, given how much bigger she is every time i see her.

Not a real pedaling bicycle - imagine a bike without pedals you'd push off with your feet and balance as you ride. It really is ridiculous how much and how quickly a toddler picks things up - it wasn't all that long ago when my daughter wasn't making any real sentences, let alone discernible words.

Damn Jacob. That sucks. What Dan said. Stay calm. Carry on.

I spent the better part of the day migrating the family server (which is also my home desktop) to a new box and a new OS. My butt is numb and my eyes are bleary. I don't know why I get tense over this stuff. In the end I always learn what I have to and make the damned thing work. But I'm always terrified the whole thing will go sideways until the very end.

Now that I can relax and enjoy it a little, the new machine is very nice.

Jacob, i am sorry to hear about what happened. at least she was just at her sister's. i'd say let this one go, make-up and move forward. and you might want to prepare yourself for some more unusual behavior before the wedding as it is to be expected. keep your cool, be the mature one, show compassion and don't look for accountability...

Get well soon Jacob and hope things get patched up soon.

Yesterday the wife and I went to look at what I was hoping would be her new car (Mazda CX-5 Sport) but it did not work out. We have tested over 7 vehicles already and … I hate buying cars.