And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sounds like simple pilot error. In flight terms the airports in question are very close together. The runways are almost on the same bearing.

That's what I figured as well. Unfortunate for the pilot, since it sounds like a fairly high ranking officer from the command was on board.

Not that you need/want to be considering spending more money at the moment but have you considered having additional lines run and capped for a future BBQ, firepit, and outdoor heaters? Installing them later on should be a relative snap since the lines and connectors will be in place.

Greg, you obviously live in California where it actually gets cold sometimes. :) That is a good idea and hadn't thought about that but I don't really see a firepit/outdoor heater in the future (for the three cold days a year we get here). Also, I refuse to use a gas grill - charcoal all the way!

Well I thought the fire pit would compliment the tiki bar you were installing to show off your cocktailing skills. azn.gif

Charcoaling in our municipality is a EPA code violation and subject to stiff fines or a week of forced tree hugging.

That's what I figured as well. Unfortunate for the pilot, since it sounds like a fairly high ranking officer from the command was on board.

That's definitely in my old stomping ground. My typical once a week ride bike ride with friends looked something like this, if we didn't get creative.

Macdill AFB is near point "B". Davis Island is on point C.

http://goo.gl/maps/biQt

And of course, Derek Jeter's new 30000+ sq ft mansion is in the hood.

Don't they have Spare The Air Days where you live?

They even have an App for That!

Beware the BAAQMD, their reg's and compliance.

Fires for cooking are not prohibited during Winter Spare the Air Alerts, but we ask the public to be mindful of air quality, and recommend the use of gas and propane barbecues rather than wood or charcoal-fired cooking devices on these days.

Edited by Grahame

Nah, gas is just more convenient for us and doesn't require storing bags of charcoal and with the amount of cooking we do on the grill that can amount to a lot of charcoal. Besides, my grill has smoker drawers which I fill with mesquite or applewood chips when needed.

Definitely ever thing involving fire is a concern here, each year the fire department sends homeowners a notice reminding us to maintain a 100 ft. brush free zone around our homes.

^^^ yeah, not clicking there.....longer just might not be better.....

Dusty, how was the first day?

I went to work today, and used - once again - my line when anyone asks me how I am:

I'm-tired-I'm-irritable-I-work-for-a-living-and-I-haven't-won-the-lottery.....how are YOU?

Edited by skullguise