morphsci

Worked on my father in law 2000 Honda CR-v by:

1. Washing the engine.

2. Replacing the spark plugs.

3. Cleaning the carburator.

4. Replacing the oil and filter.

5. Replacing the air filter.

6. Charged the A/C.

6. Washed, clay bar, polish and waxed the car.

7. Steam cleaned the carpet and upholstery.

8. Replaced the two front and the rear wiper blades.

9. Five new tires with balancing and valve stems (auto shop).

On tuesday comes the hard part with the mechanic working shocks, tranny service, timing belt, coolant flush, cv boots, brake fluid flush, alignment, new belts and hoses. His car is going to run great and he will be very happy.

submitted my application to med schools last night. mcat on the 17th. then things will be out of my hands and in the admission committees.

thanks to brent for looking over my personal statement last night. i would love more input so if you would like to give it a quick read and offer suggestions to polish it please let me know and i will send it your way. it is maybe 750 words so not a terribly long read.

Took a nice 25 mile ride this morning. Made it home just as the rain was starting to fall. Glad that I didn't decide to press for the 40 miler I'd originally planned.

Then made salsa verde with Lily, a portion of which will in turn be made into sauce and combined with the chicken currently marinating in the fridge to finally make into Shelly-compliant corn-wrapped chicken enchiladas in a couple hours.

This afternoon I rekindled my DIY spirit and changed the cabin and engine air filters in the wife's Highlander.

[edit]Shelly, I sincerely hope things can only get better from here. I've been through patches like that, not fun.

CJ, best of luck.

Hope for a change of luck there. And good luck on the med school applications.

I did 24 miles today and 35 yesterday. Finally logged some miles on the weekend besides my short commute to work during the week.

Then took the girls to the pool.

Played baseball in the backyard with the Little Monkey today. Had him shagging flies and even pitching to me, which he can actually do now. It feels good to whack a tennis ball about a half mile into the woods. Even if the ball is being grooved in by a 6-year-old.

I am amazed at his progress. He can hit, throw, and catch much better than all but one of his friends. He's a determined little guy.

Having a son is good.

• Like 1

Played baseball in the backyard with the Little Monkey today. Had him shagging flies and even pitching to me, which he can actually do now. It feels good to whack a tennis ball about a half mile into the woods. Even if the ball is being grooved in by a 6-year-old.

I am amazed at his progress. He can hit, throw, and catch much better than all but one of his friends. He's a determined little guy.

Having a son is good.

That is cool, Dinny. My guy couldn't be bothered, and it bums me out sometimes. He has other redeeming qualities, but baseball ain't one of them.

I think my redneck Father was really disappointed that I had no interest in sports as a child, and it showed.

In seventh grade I had my first woodworking class, and made my Father a center console and shifter handle of Walnut for his beloved '66 Chevy pickup. That was the first time I remember seeing pride in my Dad's eyes. My Father grew so much in those years, and stopped comparing me to my older Brothers completely.

I have no doubt that Alden is going to become a valued member of the community, and a very successful man. What a great kid!

• Like 1