And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It always felt to me like Matt didn't make new friends. Because everyone was already his friend. I imagine it's possible to get out of his good graces, but I don't think I ever saw it happen. He brought people together, was the glue for a lot of gatherings. We'll all have to step up a bit more and bring Matt out in our own lives.

This. Exactly.

Really wish I could have met him, he sounds like a great guy!

RIP Matt. Waaay too young to be saying that ... sad.png

I was lucky enough to have the privilege of meeting Matt multiple times. He was the most accepting person I've ever met. I've been bawling on and off since I found out about his passing. Matt, I'm going to miss you for the rest of my life. Your passing is crushing to us all. Rest in peace.

Added:

The world would be a much nicer place if most people were much more like Matt.

Edited by guzziguy

Ayep, I appear to have angered the same plumbing gods as Shelley. I've done some further investigation, and I can't use the upstairs sinks without causing flooding, either. facepalm.png

Also, I don't want to appear insensitive to the passing of NightWoundsTime with my selfish bitching about plumbing woes. I never met NWT (or any head-caser, for that matter) but I do recall him posting in Slow Forum. I've said it before, I'm guilty of posting in this thread, but not keeping up with it. In a revelation that will surprise exactly no one, I have this url

http://www.head-case.org/forums/topic/9081-slower-forum/unread/

in my FFX toolbar, and I go there first and other places later.

Went to meet up with Filburt for a beer and conversation... to talk a bit about Matt and then also distract from having to think about the reality of the situation. Expected to maybe spend a couple hours or so, ended up getting home 6-7 hours later. Good times in the midst of bad times.

• Like 1

Went to meet up with Filburt for a beer and conversation... to talk a bit about Matt and then also distract from having to think about the reality of the situation. Expected to maybe spend a couple hours or so, ended up getting home 6-7 hours later. Good times in the midst of bad times.

Good to hear you guys got together and hopefully left with a little more closure and better state of mind. We all should have friends to lean on when tragedy strikes. I was thankful for the contact from others and the sharing of beer after hearing the sad news. I'm dealing with it a little better today, but he will always be missed.

Had a plumber stop by today. He said in effect 'lol, big job. Imma call the boss. No way this is getting done today, and probably not tomorrow either.' That's kind of a blessing as a have a huge gig doing lights tomorrow night. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be without a kitchen sink throughout the weekend. After the plumber left, I collected and dumped ~5 gallons of fetid water. The leak has been going on for quite some time, possibly upwards of a month. The broken pipe is located right above a large storage unit. It has a few dozen removable "drawers" in it, each of which has a front panel that extends out at a 45º angle ...perfect for collecting water. Add to that fact that the primary source of water for the leak is the kitchen sink and the end result is a hideous situation. You know how dishes smell when they've been neglected for a week? Extend that to a month or more and stick it in a basement during record temperatures. The stench was unbelievable. The storage unit was full of old tools, many of which qualify as antiques. I threw out one entire box of them. The tools might have been salvageable, but they were covered in black gunk. I threw them into not one but two contractor's bags and deposited them in the dumpster outside of a friend's business. It's good to know people in the commercial sector. I think I'm going to take like three showers tonight. *shudder*

That's nasty, Knucks. Hope it gets resolved soon.

I scored a ridiculous deal on a top quality drumset today, and will do a final inspection/approval when I pick it up next week. It's got two kick drums (11 pcs. total), which will help me in my quests to a) teach lessons (can split it into two kits, one for me and one for the student); and b ) learn how to play metal better. I'm partially excited and partially wondering what the fuck I'm doing, getting a kit so huge it's going to be difficult to find a practical use for, gigging-wise.

Edited by acidbasement