And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Jacob, try Neilmed with distilled water then Astelin twice daily. Takes about two weeks to fully kick in but you will feel much better.

This is what I do, except using Sinucleanse over Neilmed just because it's easier for me to get cheaper. Plus I use antihistamine eye drops.

Nasal steroids give me nose bleeds and make me feel edgy. Oral antihistamines make me feel tired. Pseudoephedrine makes me feel edgy and raises my blood pressure. But that's just me.

Edited by jvlgato

Good luck at the doctor, Dinny. I have two people I know with artificial knees, it's not by any means as ludicrous as the ankle story. Because of the whole "ball joint" thing that the ankle is (I think Vicki told me this), it's a lot harder to replace/fix than a knee. But still, hopefully it's not something that bad, and something that the doc will do something about.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot one -- 3 people -- Hirsch being one of them.

thanks for the suggestions. i'm hoping to not have to take anything, after this clears up, but something tells me that won't be the case. i've been making my own saline rinse (1 tsp sea salt to 1 tsp baking soda to 1 cup boiling water [allowed to cool, of course]), which helped some.
And that's an unseasoned pot, right? I mean, as much as you like bacon lard, it's not something you want to be smelling all day, right? And is that sea salt, or what? Wooden spoon to stir?

Going to the knee doctor today. Fully expect him to tell me it's "just worn out."

I have just one word.........Stryker.

http://getaroundknee.com/

They are publicly traded so if you need their products you can buy their stock too and recoup your deductible overtime. You can thank me on the next HeadCase get together.

Edited by Augsburger

It seems odd that he is holding a Brooklyn Sorachi Ace rather than some esoteric British brew. Nice shop though. Plenty of Brew Dog on the shelf.

He said that was his favourite brew of the moment, and was not for sharing as it demanded to be drunk on its own, unadulterated by lesser brews. Plus it's exotic as far as he's concerned.

I'm wondering if interest rates are going to go negative.

The weird thing is that we're now getting to the point where refi is no longer a good choice as there aren't enough points to drop to offset the inevitable fees. 15yrs were already at 2.5 to 2.75, 30's at 3.5. By my math, to keep the payback to what I would consider reasonable you have to drop at least 1%. Time to call my mortgage broker and see if we can renegotiate the currently in progress refi (locked at 3.5).

Yeah, at some point (hopefully, I guess, because it's a good sign) demand will start driving up rates, which my mortgage guy (a snake) was trying to convince me was already happening. I haven't been paying enough attention to see if he was right.
He's right, but it's not black and white. I listen to money news every day to see how the market is doing, and we're pretty much scraping bottom, like a ship in shallow waters when the tide is out, except upside-down if you're thinking of the sand bar as the indicator. I have to admit, I don't differentiate between DC area and national average. It's going to be a long slow process.