And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Jacob, bummer. Hopefully the rare verbal will more than make up for it, and it'll be good enough to get into your school of choice. I wonder how much they look at overall vs individual sectional scores? Are you pretty much set on U of Cincy?

Nate, congrats on the refi! That's definitely cause for celebration!

So after a 3 hour talk with one of the editors of the biggest Baltic news agencies I got his recommendation for a new job I'm looking to get. It may or may not pay as much as the one I'm doing now but it will be immensely more interesting. Market analysis and database administration was a huge leap from manual construction labor, but in the end I realized that ultimately I will never be able to be well motivated at it.

If all goes well (and telling others about it won't jinx it) then I might land a press secretary position at the biggest tech university in Latvia. The best thing is that it won't be all press releases but also editorial work for science papers. That may finally give me the chance to really flex my lobes. And get paid for it.

Just catching up with this thread. Justin, all those logos are horrid compared to what you have now. Jacob, congrats getting through the test. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm just boring lately. Let's see.....got a flu shot....did laundry....ate....slept........gonna ride by bike on a Computrainer this afternoon as it's too windy for real riding. That's as exciting as I get.

Took everyone to my mom's for Xavier's birthday dinner (spaghetti) and cake (chocolate on chocolate, what else?) and he wound up getting some roller skates.

Before dinner I went out and kicked a soccer ball around with Xavier for about 30 minutes. For the 20-30 of you who have seen me in the past year, you know that's a pretty big feat. I've tried to do that before, but after about 4-5 kicks, I'm done. I was actually able to CHASE the ball today a little. On the bad ankle, I typically can run (awkwardly) about 50-60 feet before I'm done. This is the best shape the ankle has been in since the back surgery about 14 months ago. Xavier turned 7, and I got to go out and -- other than riding bikes -- play with him for the first time since the summer of 2011. I'm pretty happy about that!

**BRENT**

• Like 1

Voted.

Pretty encouraging first day turnout. We went to ArtServe first. You couldn't get near enough to the place to park. Wilton Manors city hall wasn't happening either. The line of people stretched down the block. Then we went to the African American Research Library and the line there looked like it was two hours long. Bonnie went all Cortez burning his boats on the beach and said we would go no farther. We would vote. So we did, two hours later.

Edited by CarlSeibert

Good things Brent, happy birthday to Xavier!

Last night I held my annual Halloween horror movie night. Had four friends show up, which is pretty typical. My friend Wes and myself have now done this five years straight and after having a poor year last year, we got back to our roots and made it through five films (Cronos, The Descent, Cabin in the Woods, Jaws, and Diabolique).

Tonight Allison surprised me a month early with my birthday present. The week following Thanksgiving we are going to spend 4 days split between Seattle and Portland! Looks like I'll be the first one to checkout Colin's new digs. Places we plan to visit - Bottleworks, Brouwer's Cafe, Deschutes Brewery, Hair of the Dog Brewery, Cascade Brewery, Upright Brewery, Voodoo Doughnuts, the Space Needle, and a sweet museum/music studio place in Seattle with a cool year-round Horror film exhibition (can't remember the name of the place right now).

Oh and then Three Floyds with some of you when we get back. :)

I really don't deserve her. Undoubtedly the best birthday gift I've ever gotten.

Edited by Aura

Good things Brent, happy birthday to Xavier!

Last night I held my annual Halloween horror movie night. Had four friends show up, which is pretty typical. My friend Wes and myself have now done this five years straight and after having a poor year last year, we got back to our roots and made it through five films (Cronos, The Descent, Cabin in the Woods, Jaws, and Diabolique).

Tonight Allison surprised me a month early with my birthday present. The week following Thanksgiving we are going to spend 4 days split between Seattle and Portland! Looks like I'll be the first one to checkout Colin's new digs. Places we plan to visit - Bottleworks, Brouwer's Cafe, Deschutes Brewery, Hair of the Dog Brewery, Cascade Brewery, Upright Brewery, Voodoo Doughnuts, the Space Needle, and a sweet museum/music studio place in Seattle with a cool year-round Horror film exhibition (can't remember the name of the place right now).

Oh and then Three Floyds with some of you when we get back. smile.png

I really don't deserve her. Undoubtedly the best birthday gift I've ever gotten.

Huh.... I'm not really surprised by any of this.... :)

Awesome job Allison!