And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The funny thing was that the other guy wanted to get it for bass-heavy electronic music. Was about to order the 400$ O2+ODAC combo from Epiphany so I thought I could help the guy out. After all there was nothing to lose for me- if he somehow likes it then I'll just put an ODAC in it and sell it off for little more than parts cost. He didn't like so I get to sell him the FiiO E10 as it is rather bassy. A win-win. As for the O2- I may have two takers who'd like for studio use. Probably need to rearrange the gain as the input stage will clip easily from typical 2Vrms signal.

Today I went out and made use of a full frame IR sensor and superwide zoom (more on that later). Afterward I visited my 95 year old Grandmother and helped her install a new stereo. A Bose WaveRadio. Before I get brought up on elder abuse charges, it was me who picked the damn thing out. My imbecile uncle bought it for her. To replace the previous Bose WaveStation (the really big fuck-off one) that no longer read CDs. Said uncle dropped the Bose off, but made no effort to install or remove the old unit. Here's a shock, wiring up Bose gear is a righteous pain in the ass. Trying to get the WaveRadio to work with an external FM antenna is a less on in frustration. I wasn't able to get it to tune in AM stations, period. I also then had to explain the (black, cryptically labeled) remote to my poor grandmother. When I left she was able to play CDs, tapes and FM radio, so it was mostly a success. Now I'm going to make friends withy my Scotch cabinet and forget any of this happened. banghead.gif

Edited by Knuckledragger

To be honest a Bose Wave system is probably just fine for most older folks. It doesn't clutter a tabletop, and most elderly peeps will think it sounds great.

Myself, I'd probably pick one of the other "all in one" options, maybe Tivoli, or even Cambridge Soundworks, as the Bose is way over priced.IMO.

Just returned from an overnight trip with my bride. Had dinner with my daughter and son-in-law at Mitchell's Fish Market. Then off to see TSO. Drove to Birch Run this morning and endured a half day of Outlet mall shopping. Filled the afternoon with a visit to Frankenmuth and had a great time walking the streets and investigating the quaint shops. Managed escape the day only purchasing lunch.

On the drive home saw literally more than two hundred deer in the hour before sunset. Pulled into a gas station and a farmer was putting gas in his combine on the other side of the pump. I have never had that happen before! All in all a good 30 hours.

Been traipsing up and down hills at the Austin Grand Prix. Sunburned but happily enjoying fast cars and good food and drink, mostly back in the Temple area where we are staying.

And apologies to Fitz as I have not been able to connect with him due to the fact that we have both been basically wiped out after track activities so far.

• Like 1

I went to work on a cold Sunday morning but I did remember to take a picture of my sourdough breads for Jacob:

eVUUZh.jpg

It is a 54 hour process to make these from preparing the starter, to making the dough, letting it slowly rise, forming them and letting them rise some more until they finally see the stone oven. These are a bit on the wild side as I'm still taming the mother dough after my main cooler died last week and everything got a bit too warm. embarrassed.gif

I've been making these since September and it's been a lot of fun to get back to the basics. Knowing what you can do and what you really shouldn't do to make a stable product. It's a bit amazing what one can do with Flour, water, rye and some salt... :)

I'd love to fax some over but I'm sure they are all sold now since we closed 15 minutes ago. :)

Beautiful!

How old is your starter? Mine is now 51 yrs. old. My Mom started it shortly after my birth.

It's since September but naturally it's far newer as it keeps leaching germs from the environment.