And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks for the kind words, folks.  I hadn't seen Heidi since I was on the Vineyard at New Year's.  When I said goodbye I remarked that it was probably the last time I'd see her.  I didn't expect it all to end quite so soon, however.  Now comes the question of another pet.  I'm not sure.  A friend of mine has been insisting that I consider adopting a Siamese.  I lived next door to one as a child.  Beautiful blue eyes.  LOUDEST MEOW I HAVE EVER HEARD.  Out of a six pound cat. I dunno.

Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with it being Siamese, there are some cats that are just loud.  They've learned how to 'project', so project they do.  Have you ever dormed with a diva?  I haven't, but I used to visit a friend in his dorm, and you always knew when she was in or out.  And you can mostly reason with humans.  Mostly.

Ugh,

Changing the firmware on the PS Audio PWD hasn't solved my problem.   In fact, I could never get 2.0.2 to be recognized by the dac.   Some people on the forum thought that maybe there was something loose or the LCD was jammed up against something.  So I went back in the dac, loosed and tightened the screws of the LCD board, and tried wiggling things around and make sure connections were good.  

I plugged it back in and had the same problem.  I restarted it a few times with an SD card to see if it would recognize the 2.0.2 firmware.  It didn't at first so I restarted it a few times.  Now when I start it up there is absolutely nothing on the screen.  I think it is time to send it back into PS Audio, sigh.  

Maybe it is time to get a M51 instead.  I know it sells for $2000 but I feel like others have gotten one cheaper than this.  What kind of price did others get there's for and how to I go about doing this? 

Tried to get tickets to fly down to see my friends in Atlanta, only to find out they cost far more than I was expecting (more than twice what I paid to fly down just couple of years ago). It would be one thing if it was just one ticket, but with 3 tickets needed this time around, I may have to change my plan.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Scary, but good news Steve. Since you don't drink, I'll have one for you.

Today, decided to try something better than our shitty adsl ISP. Set up an appointment to try Mediacom ultra 50. Not too confident, but we will have 90 days to give it a shot.