And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I've spent most of this week being crippled by Martian Death Flu.  My reward for working in the filthy city of Holyoke last weekend.  sick0018.gif  Today I'm feeling somewhat better, and I'm going to attempt to do my show tonight.  Of course, I just heard from the DJ before me, who's can't make it and hasn't found a replacement.  Such is the nature of college radio.

Last Tuesday: Had a nice dual sport ride in the mountains behind and to the west of Santa Barbara.  Here are pics at the top of the trail:

photo10_zpsb49c49f9.jpg

Looking south toward the ocean.  Yes the coast runs east-west here.

photo11_zps1dc3c30a.jpg

Gate is closed so we can't go any further.  This is my friend John Chase and his bike.  My "Rebel" is in the foreground.

photo13_zpsa0bd5d15.jpg

The road back down (looking north).

photo12_zps7ca614bd.jpg

The road back down continuing to the south.

All in all it was a pretty nice ride.  I'm still not a good dirt riding but I am improving.

Edited by guzziguy

Is anybody into martial arts here?

I've had my first sword lesson today and it was awesome! I've been doing kung fu for the last two years and can only recommend it to everybody, it completely changed my way of living.

It's amazing how physical discipline and spiritual meditation can change your point of view about every other thing!

Also shared on FB, so some of you will see it twice, but:

Although this information was unearthed earlier this week, I was just informed that I have a tween-aged daughter, and that I better be careful, because [turning into a tween] may happen to Xavier one day too. 

"This comes from experience!" - Zoe Waitforit Lawson

*BRENT**

(If you're wondering about the middle name... she's a How I Met Your Mother fan, so it was "facebook officially" changed after the best middle name on earth was uncovered a season or so ago.)

That is really cool, glad it's coming along well.

I remember years ago, one of my favorite dealers did a demo with Michael Greene of RoomTunes.

They used a system and room I had a lot, with Rowland electronics and Ariel speakers.  Always thought they were underwhelming.

Michael went in during the early evening and started the work.  he came out after a while, saying he was about 1/2 done, but that people should go in and listen.

The difference was absolutely night and day!  What before sounded two dimensional and tonally flat, was totally open and tonally near-perfect.

So congrats on the progress....imagine what it'll sound like once you replace those speakers!

Oh it was still fun, just a lot of people since they're doing some celebration for their 100th year anniversary.

While there, I noticed someone taking pictures and talking to people/taking notes.  I figured she was a photography student and didn't think anything of it.  Apparently, she works for Boston.com and our photo ended up on the site (showing my fat gut).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

had a good day with the wife.  went to Lowe's, to pick up tons of potting soil and top soil for her containers and the garden plot, got groceries, went on a long walk through the adjacent neighborhood, and a local city park, and then through the new construction at our alma mater, then ordered a pizza from a decent local place, drank some wine, and watched Big Night, which i had never seen.  loved it.  

• Like 1