And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent the day with my daughter. Target for errands, she helped pic out our new bath mat. Then to Whole Foods to have lunch with her mother. That went well. Then back home and met our next door neighbor. She's a curator for the NC botanical gardens, so that cool. We met her two dogs as well. Overall a great day. She's with her mother next weekend and I think I'll be building a little water play table for the back porch since its warm enough for that sort of thing now. Single parenting is tiring but overall I'm getting everything done. Abi rolls with the punches well too. I forgot to get something for dinner and she was fine with us popping out to the store to get it. No complaints. Great kid.

Spent the day with my daughter. Target for errands, she helped pic out our new bath mat. Then to Whole Foods to have lunch with her mother. That went well. Then back home and met our next door neighbor. She's a curator for the NC botanical gardens, so that cool. We met her two dogs as well. Overall a great day. She's with her mother next weekend and I think I'll be building a little water play table for the back porch since its warm enough for that sort of thing now. Single parenting is tiring but overall I'm getting everything done. Abi rolls with the punches well too. I forgot to get something for dinner and she was fine with us popping out to the store to get it. No complaints. Great kid.

That's great to hear Stephen!

This.  I had the kids solo for most of the weekend (the wife was ill) and it is during times like this that I often think that single parents, the good ones anyway, are more remarkable than they get credit for.  Enjoy your time away too, Stephen, and don't dwell on what you're not doing next weekend.

This.  I had the kids solo for most of the weekend (the wife was ill) and it is during times like this that I often think that single parents, the good ones anyway, are more remarkable than they get credit for.  Enjoy your time away too, Stephen, and don't dwell on what you're not doing next weekend.

Thanks to you both.  Worry not Nate.  I'm actually looking forward to the break.  It's a lot of work.  I'm happy to have it mind you, but a break would be nice.  Next weekend will be filled with fun stuff... Friends on friday night and some fun plans for the rest of the weekend.

It was a fine day for alligator hunting watching.  Went to Brazos Bend State Park.  It was a gorgeous day and there were tons of gators out (I would guess we saw 20-30 and we weren't there that long). The turtles and birds were great too.

i-7S5dJ6m-X2.jpg

i-hw9fWmc-XL.jpg

i-FSKsqbX-XL.jpg

i-WM6XTpr-XL.jpg

i-PMcgw6X-X2.jpg

i-NJCn3dG-X2.jpg

i-3tCGK8F-XL.jpg

i-D6S5LMx-XL.jpg

i-5JHBRwp-XL.jpg

i-NrbSVsK-XL.jpg

Hopefully in a good way. :D

Yes, insanely good :) - Amazing actually! We all (girlfriend and family) enjoyed it (read: were blown away). The drummer and bassist were no slouches either.

The jazz center was very nice also. I look forward to seeing more shows there. 

Yes, insanely good :) - Amazing actually! We all (girlfriend and family) enjoyed it (read: were blown away). The drummer and bassist were no slouches either.

The jazz center was very nice also. I look forward to seeing more shows there. 

I'm psyched, I got tix to one of the Boston shows this weekend.  Looking very forward to it!

...and it is during times like this that I often think that single parents, the good ones anyway, are more remarkable than they get credit for.  Enjoy your time away too, Stephen, and don't dwell on what you're not doing next weekend.

This.

I took a day off and brought my daughter to see her doctor since she started showing some symptoms of strep yesterday - right after 10 days of antibiotics she was taking for strep ended.  They couldn't do a rapid strep test this time around so we won't know if she still has strep until Wednesday, but considering her daycare had 11 absences today due to strep, we're not hopeful.  Thankfully, I don't have one (yet) so I can go to work tomorrow while my wife takes the day off.

Edited by Salt Peanuts