And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I read in this morning's paper (a physical one that was left behind at the Peter Pan Diner) that we have won a Pulitzer prize. Thus, we relinquish our crown as the Susan Lucci of newspapers!

It was for a story that I had exactly nothing to do with, but it was one of the coolest stories ever. So it's all good.

Congratulations are in order for Sally Kestin and John Maines!

Edited by CarlSeibert
  • Like 2

A-line? A-train? THAT Pulitzer is no longer with us, so no matter how cute the boss would look in bright colors.....

Maines doesn't write, actually. He works with databases. This was the story where we measured the distance between Turnpike toll booths, worked our way back through Sunpass records, and documented that a whole bunch of cops were in the habit of driving 100 to 120 MPH in their police cars when they were off-duty. Maines crunched the data. Don't actually know who came up with the idea, which was truly inspired.

Got the ECP prototype.  It is very nice indeed!

i-tGbrjBN-X2.jpg

Indeed awesome Shelly.  I second your stack, with an ECP-inspired one of my own.  Ryan's old modded Adcom GCD-750 driving the DSHA-1.  Actually glad I got the standard amp, as the custom mods on the Adcom result in lower output.  But the music is oh-so-SWEET!

audiostack.jpg

• Like 1

I read in this morning's paper (a physical one that was left behind at the Peter Pan Diner) that we have won a Pulitzer prize. Thus, we relinquish our crown as the Susan Lucci of newspapers!

It was for a story that I had exactly nothing to do with, but it was one of the coolest stories ever. So it's all good.

Congratulations are in order for Sally Kestin and John Maines!

Cool.

As for me, I worked out this morning, did the general job, then covered an evening group for a co-worker where I witnessed a mother telling her son (the son is the one in treatment) that if she had to give up alcohol to have a relationship with her son, she'd choose the booze.  She didn't even blink.  I've worked in this field for 14 years, have heard most everything, and rarely have a personal reaction, but she was so fucking cold and cruel, I was almost willing to lose my job to just punch her out.  I'm still pissed. 

Cool.

As for me, I worked out this morning, did the general job, then covered an evening group for a co-worker where I witnessed a mother telling her son (the son is the one in treatment) that if she had to give up alcohol to have a relationship with her son, she'd choose the booze.  She didn't even blink.  I've worked in this field for 14 years, have heard most everything, and rarely have a personal reaction, but she was so fucking cold and cruel, I was almost willing to lose my job to just punch her out.  I'm still pissed. 

My god.