And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to a concert for kids at our town center followed by lunch with friends and their new dog.  We then went out to a birthday party for different friends' son.  It was a busy and full day, spent mostly outside.  Now my allergies are punishing me for spending so much time outside.

Spent some time celebrating a belated Mother's Day for my wife Karen.  Nice diner-style breakfast (her dad used to do that a lot in NJ where she grew up), then off to get her a simple but decent bike.  Capped off with a REALLY good Italian dinner in Newburyport, MA.  She loved it, said it was her new favorite place (beating out Boston's North End, which is very hard to do).  Now home, and considering watching a movie, or not.....

The "or not" version turned out to be her falling asleep just a few minutes into the TV show she was watching.  :laugh: I ended up going to catch San Jose beat LA in OT.....

We were down in NJ celebrating Mother's Day with her mother last week, hence the raincheck.

Three days old and the first cockatiel chick is in good shape. The big bulge between the neck and belly is the crop, which is full of food because the parents have been doing a good job. Three eggs still to hatch, but I suspect two are duds or otherwise dead because they look kinda grey. Lance and Pickles refuse to nest anywhere besides their cage floor, and this usually results in fewer eggs hatching, according to the interwebs.

post-1175-0-38176500-1369065939_thumb.jp

(edit: apologies for out of focus, and for the toy mess in the background)

Edited by acidbasement

withdrew from my econ class.  i should never have taken a summer version, as it's an entire semester crammed into 6 weeks, and i just didn't have time for it, and math is my weak point, for sure.  did sign up for Markets and Organizations, which starts in June, and is more up my alley.

Bummer, Jacob! What sort of econ class was it?

Yeah, that's DD#1 at the yard.  I'll upload a couple of other cool pictures when I get home tonight.  The Cassin Young (old Destroyer) was in that dock up until last week when they took her back out in preparation for the Constitution going into dock for maintenance (in a few years).  I was there for the flooding of the dock and undocking of the ship.

The Dry Dock was not particularly dry last week.

150322932.jpg

And this is for Gene, from last summer.

150322929.jpg

If I can get a panoramic image that I took last week to display properly I'll link to it but right now pbase is being a bitch and won't rotate/display it correctly. :nate:

• Like 1