And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

C.J., John totally nailed it. And he was so nice about it.

You and your parents don't live in the land of arranged marriages to people of a particular race or nationality. You live in south friggin' Florida. That stuff just isn't an option here. They need to get a GPS and get over It.

Dusty is right, too. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your parents must be pretty darned smart people. (Although maybe not at this precise moment) Even if they put up a terrible fuss for a while, I doubt they'd take a trade as dumb as severing their relationship with you.

It's not about culture, but I don't think my mother has ever been totally keen on Bonnie. But she's made the smart choice to be nice-ish about it for 25 years. Stick to your guns. It'll work out.

^ Dang!

My days have been happily boring lately. The biggest complaint I got is that my 10-year-old modem finally bit the dust today. Realized how stupidly attached I am to my computer. Kinda glad it'll be down for at least another day. Might be time to unplug for a day or two a week.

Negotiated the price for my next vehicle, which I will be purchasing on Saturday -- $3.50 and a cookie.  Seriously.  Will post pics if I can.

A question for legal -- what's the monetary equivalent of a cookie?  Virginia doesn't have a space for non-monetary values, so they're going to want to know cash equivalent value.  I get $0.20 based on a "typical" Pepperidge Farms container of cookies -- three buckets of approximately 5 cookies each for $3 -- ye?

Got this in email last night

Dear Gift of Life Volunteer,

On May 22, 2011 you helped facilitate a donor drive in North Andover at Bar Mitzvah Drive- North Andover Sheep Shearing event. We are thrilled to inform you that a donor recruited at that drive has been identified as a match for a 54 year old man suffering from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

We are truly grateful for all you have done to help grow the Gift of Life Registry, and we thank you for being a part of our family of dedicated volunteers. Please let us know if you would like to become involved with another drive in the future.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Gift of Life

This is un-frigging-believable!  The odds are ~ 1 in 1,000 that you can even make this first stage of match, and out of ~150 people we registered over 3 events, we have had FOUR matches so far!  One of then is a very good friend of ours.....

Was very happy to show this to my son.....he was smiling quite a bit (and considering he's a 14 yo boy, that's a lot!)

EDIT: Dusty didn't say it, I just quoted his post to put it in more easily ;D

Edited by skullguise