And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Meanwhile Head-case appeared unavailable on mums WiFi via Tapatalk. Opening a browser gave the answer

"The site you tried to access was detected to contain content that falls into the category Drugs, Tobacco and Alcohol, which your HomeSafe settings won't allow."

Categorization correct?

I'm staying at home due to this heavy cold. It started on Friday night and quite screwed me while on call on Saturday. Try kitchen paper for this application, way better than regular kleenex or toilet paper. Surprisingly soft for the skin.

Damn, I hate being sick. I take my meds and all that, but it's going downwards into the lungs, coughing is even worse than sneezing. The good part is that I won't be able to take the flu vaccine shot. Someone kill me, please :P

Hope you feel better soon, Antonio!

Me, the good: lost a weekend day going to day 1 of 3 of the Boston TDWI (The Data Warehouse Institute) conference.  But well worth the missed day, it was great.  Looking forward to the next couple days.....

The bad: my father-in-law - some may remember he was diagnosed with dementia, specifically Frontotemporal Degeneration - has been in the hospital, unable to move up here to an assisted living place near us.  They have excellent memory care facilities, but he is slipping physically now as well as mentally.  In a hospital in NJ, my wife went down this weekend to see him.  Apparently a physical and mental shell.....my wife, her mom, and sisters are talking about what happens if he passes away down there (will she still move up here; hope she will).

Sorry, Antonio! Feel better soon!

Todd, sorry about your Father in law. Tough diagnosis ... really hard for family, especially. Maybe worth reading The Thirty Six Hour Day. Hope it's not too bad of a course for you and your wife!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=thirty+six+hour+day&sprefix=thirty+six+%2Caps%2C350

Sympathies, Todd.  Why wouldn't she?

Thanks all.  My mother-in-law is a "New York Girl" and part of her doesn't think she has enough remotely as cultural and interesting in Boston.  I truly think it's more of an extreme discomfort with change; she has lived in that area all her life, and in the same house > 50 years.

Ultimately, we seem to think she will come up, with or without my father-in-law; but that question did remain, they had looked at a place in Long Island at one point that didn't have the proper memory care for my father-in-law.

Sitting at the ER. My mom was having chest pains and she and her husband were keeping the kids for me, so we're all here and waiting.

While I was pulling up the thread the admitting nurse told me the EKG is normal and they are going to run more tests.

She was able to walk in from a parking spot 80 feet from the door so I am hopeful.

Will update later.

Brent