And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

A loooong time age I organized a youth group trip with parents driving and taking several kids.  I advised all the parents to make sure their drivers license was valid and insurance up to date.  Got to the volleyball tournament and realized my license had expired the previous month.  Oops  :chair:

• Like 1

Found out my license expired on my birthday. :palm:

I've got a problem now in the US because my Florida license expired on my birthday in September.  No big deal, because I can drive in the US on my Cayman license, so I really wouldn't need a US license except... that my Atom and pickup truck are registered in Florida in my name.  Used to be able to just walk into a DMV and boom, boom, boom, done.  Now you need all sorts of proof that you're a Florida resident, which I'm not.  Major PITA.  

Might have to get an Illinois driver's license (where I'm from originally and my mom still resides) and move the vehicle registrations to Illinois as well, or possibly add them to my Montana LLC.  The motorhome, trailer, and Ducati are all registered in Montana, but it starts getting expensive if you add in too many vehicles. 

First world problems for sure, but still a major pain.

EDIT!!!  Spoke too soon!  Must have just gotten bad advice from a friend in Florida who had be all paranoid.  I just went online and renewed my Florida driver's license for $70.  Of course, the pic won't look anything like the way I do now, but that's no big deal.  Guy had me thinking that I'd need to fabricate some kind of lease agreement and utility bill, etc., or move everything to Illinois.  Breathing easier, although I'll have to renew the vehicles in person because they are more than 8 months out of registration.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Yesterday toddler birthday parties from 11am-6pm. I need to build up some stamina there. More importantly as we were trying to avoid screentime until Emsé was two and she hit that recently, got the TV out of the garage for limited use. Received a Chromecast as a gift recently so experimented there and generally really impressed for $35. In a sense it's more Apple-like than the Apple TV (does far less - no audio out, most mirroring not possible, can't even 'cast' iOS/Android Chrome tabs, etc. but simple, clear setup and great for what it does - YouTube/Netflix/Hulu Plus/HBOgo/desktop Chrome). Unless you already have a different solution seems like a no-brainer. Also at least at this point the iOS and Android experiences are nearly identical. Streaming MOG at the moment through desktop Chrome for background.

Edited by blessingx

I'm 28. Nonetheless, the filters are on as standard on any new mobile phone contract and the website service for turning it off refused to work so I had to go in store. I cant access dating websites with it on. Not that I had any warning about being stood up via that avenue. Yet more teething troubles with my first smartphone...

The chilli dog was good, not great. All euphemisms were given from behind.