And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Antonio, you are welcome to it, though do realize that the room is more likely to hold a computer desk or two and a diy workshop than a bed.  While the apartment is only about 2-3 blocks from the space needle, the balcony view is basically just of the street below and the opposing building.

I see. I can sleep in the balcony next to the grill ;D

Headed up to Denver to stay the night before going to Glenwood Springs and the Snowmass Jazz Festival Saturday - Monday.

Discovered the brand new Subaru Forester's rear hatch power door lift is quite powerful when closing, especially if you forget where you left your 10 month old iPhone 5s.

Realized I brought a spare 64GB unlocked iPhone 4s with me, and didn't have a SIM card adapter to use the 5s Nano SIM.  Hoping the scotch tape holds the SIM in place until I can get a new SIM in the morning before we take off.  No new 5s for me, will wait for the 6 to come out.

That is just a great opportunity to go Galaxy S5. :D

That is just a great opportunity to go Galaxy S5.  :D

That's a great phone, but I'd like to be able to share my iCloud data between all my devices.  

I'd be happy with a 5s again, but can't stand to spend the same amount of money on last year's 5s if a new model comes out in 1-2 months.  My wife offered to take her old 4s back and give me her new 5s, which I thought was sweet but I declined.  It's crazy that I even brought the old phone with us on the trip, but it came in handy.

When we get back home in a few days I'm going to get a new battery for the spare iPhone 4s that I'm using now, and use it for a couple of months until the iPhone 6 comes out.  Tonight the battery level dropped from 100% to 30% in just 5 hours, which is not unusual for a 3 year old phone.  

I just can't believe the rear power hatch folded up the old phone like a sammich.

• Like 1

Class action on the hatch being dangerous then new phones for life?

Nah, but I will give Subaru feedback that if they'd maybe put a light on the rear hatch when it's open at night, then we'd (1) not need to use the iPhone as a flashlight and set it on the upper door sill (or hatch sill), or (2) We'd see the iPhone was in harms way before closing it.

In my case, I used my phone as a flashlight sitting at the top of the hatch to unpack our bags, and then I got in the driver seat to turn off the "hatch memory" button so the hatch would open higher. 

We'd previously programmed it to only open 90% of the way in case I was in a low garage.  But when I banged my head on the hatch leaning in I was upset and went to "undo" the hatch position memory switch, and forgot the phone was there.  Unfortunately I'd hit the close button right next to the memory button by accident, and didn't react until I heard the crunching of the phone.   Emotions mess us up and we stop thinking clearly, and I got the two buttons mixed up.

My main complaint with the Forester is actually inadequate lighting in the back, and no lights in the glove box and vanity mirrors.  It's not like they couldn't run power there -  they had no trouble sending electricity to a power motor to the hatch, and electricity to the dash and rear-view mirror.  

This model has all the bells and whistles, except for extra lights.  They went to the trouble to install auto-dimming side-view and rear-view mirrors, but then only gave us a tiny light in the side of the rear compartment that's covered by luggage 90% of the time.

EDIT - add photo of car

post-905-0-48084800-1409504232_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

We'd previously programmed it to only open 90% of the way in case I was in a low garage. But when I banged my head on the hatch leaning in I was upset and went to "undo" the hatch position memory switch, and forgot the phone was there. Unfortunately I'd hit the close button right next to the memory button by accident, and didn't react until I heard the crunching of the phone.

You don't happen to have video of this by chance?

• Like 1

Ended up staying with the apartment with the balcony.  Now to start considering speaker options for the living room.  It has full concrete slab construction, reasonably high ceiling, and wall to wall carpeting, so I am hopeful that I can get something decent sounding.

• Like 5

Solution - self install battery powered LED tap light, or motion sensing?

e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Motion-Sensor-Light-2-Pack/dp/B00GWLVREE

Much more cost effective as a sacrificial offering than a smart phone.

Funny you mention that, today my son thought I should add a 3" tap-light like the one we have in our Thule box for the roof rack of the car.  I'm going to install one of those on a velcro tab.  Thanks!

You don't happen to have video of this by chance?

Unfortunately not.  I could probably sell it to a news station for the cost of a new phone?

I'd sell a 32gb gsm iphone 5s for $500 :)

I'll keep that in mind.  The smartest solution is to replace the 4s battery and then wait for the new iPhones to be released in 1-2 months, and then sell the unlocked 64GB 4s for $300 after that (or keep it as a spare).  I don't mind the 4s but now all my cases and accessories are for the 5s...

Funny you mention that, today my son thought I should add a 3" tap-light like the one we have in our Thule box for the roof rack of the car.  I'm going to install one of those on a velcro tab.  Thanks!

Unfortunately not.  I could probably sell it to a news station for the cost of a new phone?

I'll keep that in mind.  The smartest solution is to replace the 4s battery and then wait for the new iPhones to be released in 1-2 months, and then sell the unlocked 64GB 4s for $300 after that (or keep it as a spare).  I don't mind the 4s but now all my cases and accessories are for the 5s...

I heard the 6 is going to be bigger.

I heard the 6 is going to be bigger.

Yeah.

I'm being told that I may be able to get a replacement 5s since I have AppleCare+ IF the phone is in one piece (90 degree bend but one piece).  It will either cost $49 or $269, depending on the mood of the genius when I go in on Tuesday.  They could try to charge me full price.  I'm very happy with the 5s and might just stick with that for a while if I can't get a discounted one.