And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks guys. I knew I didn't feel good, and they thought it was something else. Left the room and sent the nurse back 10 minutes later with two long swabs. One went up the nose and tickled my brain, I believe. That was... uncomfortable.

Supposedly the second the swab touched the solution I was positive for flu, and they indicated on paperwork it was H1N1, which the Google says is making a comeback in 2014.

Awesome, no? Hoping I didn't infect this one friend of mine at work, or the VP who works pretty close to me. *Crosses fingers*

**BRENT**

Damn. Is it flu shot season again?  It seems like I got one a couple weeks ago.

I needed to get a case for a new DAP today. I went to Office Depot, where in the past they have had a huge selection of  camera cases for small cameras. They've been my go-to for cases for any small gadgets. Nada! They had three units of something useless. Basically, small cameras are over, at least as far as brick and mortar retailers are concerned. I went to four places, including the hell known as Best Buy. Where just a few months ago there was whole counters of small cameras and accessories, there is now - other stuff.

I settled for a small camcorder case at Tiger Direct. It's ugly, but it will get the job done.

Amazing how fast a market can change/ disappear (and sometimes reappear)

Heading to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass at some point but now watching the live stream of Whograss -- Prairie Prince from the Tubes and others playing Who songs bluegrass style. Should be there live but I was stupidly slow and at first found some band of the same name from Missouri that have no Who connection and suck so I wasn't that excited.

• Like 3

All day on the road driving mostly through rain.  The few times the sun peaked through I was rewarded with an eye popping color cacophony.  Arrived at the "resort" for my week of ruffed grouse and American woodcock hunting.  The weather forecast this morning called for rain today (more than fulfilled), snow tomorrow and afternoon showers on Monday.  At this point Tuesday thru Thursday looks like a good stretch of weather, so I'm optimistic.

Internet service could be better but at least I can get on.  Nitro seems afraid I might leave him as he is literally plastered to the my leg no matter where I go ... in cabin or out.  Can't wait to get him out and see how he is progressing.  I'm really missing Quest who I is retired from bird hunting.  He and I always had a special connection that Nitro and I have never had.  

This cabin seems nicer than the one I stayed in last year.  Updating is more current and even the appliances seem more modern.  Time to finish getting settled and break open the scotch.

• Like 5

What is this with all these girls growing up here?!

Me: temple today, Jewish High Holiday of Yom Kippur.  Saw our old "Cantorial Soloist" who was pushed out of our temple - we no longer belong there, and saw her at another temple in Haj's neck of the woods.  Such a beautiful person, full of passion and with a lovely voice.

Going to break the fast at a friend's house in town, they throw a nice party every year.

• Like 5

Saturday: Hosted a birthday party for our 3 year old. It went great: the kids had fun, weather was good, the cake tasted awesome and for once I bought pretty much exactly the right amount of food.

Sunday: Got up early and ran a rather cold (43F) 5k with my pregnant wife. We had our two kids in the running stroller. I ended up wearing a track suit which worked great at keeping me warm though it did look very silly IMHO. The 3 year old then took part in the kids race and then we all had pancakes provided by the organizers. A lot of fun was had by all. In the afternoon I spend 3 hours trimming the bushes in our back yar for the first time in at least 4 years. It was made a lot easier by the electric trimmer but I have some bush that is a spiny ugly mother which still succeeded in giving me a few scratches. I cut one of two of them out and hopefully it will behave better. The 10ft holly bushes in the front are next on my list.

All in all a great weekend.

• Like 3