And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just wanted to make sure that you knew.

Sorry man, I was in the middle of some work crap and rushed that post. I appreciated the heads up and went and rechecked my research. Sorry for sounding like a dick.

I have this issue at work all the time and I am working on it.  :sadcat:

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1

Almost had a thankless thanksgiving when a domestic "accident" sheared the binding posts off one of the Celestions :(

(Note to self: use spades, not Bannana plugs in future, as they don't leverage the enthusiastic impact of a "Hoover" at the weakest point, on ~45 year old fatigued metal)

post-545-14170579360886_thumb.jpg

So after some initial "fretting", thought about how it might be salvaged ...

Some improvisation and meatball soldering ( a la meatball surgery) later,

Voila, stress relieved, phase correct, functioning solution!

post-545-14170574132142_thumb.jpg

+1 for a speaker cabinet that can be used as its own workbench, and Duct Tape :)

post-545-14170574684086_thumb.jpg

Now happily listening to Radio Paradise, with a well deserved Diet Coke.

I do indeed have something to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Head Case!

• Like 7

Finished the traditional Thanksgiving breakfast of Chicken and Waffles, now making cheesecake and then time to make the traditional Thanksgiving Lasagna and Baked Ziti for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tim said he'll be right over. (He's a fan of lasagna.).

I'll be starting the braised short ribs soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Indulge me, if you will, by giving this at least a quick scan.

Did a quick touch up bleaching session, followed by the routine hair care treatments that follow (shampoo, after color treatment, and deep conditioning, then run some shower water through a small bag of ice to make extra sure that the cuticles are fully closed and I'm completely frozen from the neck up, about 45 minutes in total, moving quickly).  

Towel dry, apply beard oil, leave in conditioner, then add small streaks of whitener with a brush, spritz with finishing oil to give it a shine, then spray in some silver glitter to give it a sparkle, then apply hairspray to the bottom of the beard and kind of curl it under for added fullness, hit it quickly with a hairdryer on the lowest setting and held away at a safe distance so it doesn't bunch up, then tease it a bit with a brush and repeat the hairspray/blowdryer process three times to layer in the hold and shape.  

Twist tips of mustache, apply mega hold spiking glue, twist some more to form perfect circle curls at the tips, shape to perfection in an iterative process back and forth between heat from blowdryer and added moisture and hold from tiny extra bits of spiking glue.  Then move on to applying a light base layer of stage makeup to face, cheeks and nose to smooth any skin imperfections, then use white mascara for my eyebrows and the perimeter of beard, then blend in tiny bits more of the wash out whitener where evidence of mascara is too strong.  Add some "sunkist" blush to tip of nose, cheeks and forehead, blend, blend, check in mirror of other bathroom with better lighting, spritz face with barrier spray to lock in all makeup and prevent it from running due to sweat.  Beard and face are now done about 45 additional minutes after finishing the bleaching cycle, so we're at 90 minutes in total.  

Get dressed, including making some minor adjustments to my new custom made all-in-one fat suit and cooling vest combo, and then carefully weaving an ultra thin microphone from my left ear through my beard to the corner of my mouth, all hidden away nicely by it's microscopic size and flesh tone color.  Insert UE10 in left ear, hide the right UE10 driver and all of the wires in the back of my hair, plug the microphone into the small receiver for a one way communication system that allows my helper to feed me information about the kids ("Santa's magic", he knows a lot more than they think he does about them because he's wired for sound and is cheating), then plug UE10s into the transmitter for a portable PA system that allows me to broadcast my conversations with the kids to the rest of the audience.  Hide all loose ends under my Santa suit, rebutton the top button, grab my gloves, wrist bells, shoulder bells, magic key, toy bag, candy bag, and royal robe, and head toward the SUV.  

Turn around at the door to go back for an umbrella.  Get everything into the SUV, head off for the 15 minute drive to the event.  Now a full 2 hours into my preparation and within a mile of arriving at the event, my cell phone rings:

"Is this Santa?"  
"Yes, it is..." (event coordinator calling).  
"Sorry but we have to cancel today.  It's raining."  
"But I thought you has a contingency plan to move it indoors."  
"We did too, but that room isn't available plus you know how people in Cayman don't go anywhere when it's raining..."

Turn around, drive back home, undress, put everything away, get back in the shower to get the hairspray out (especially), condition hair and beard again, towel dry, reapply beard oil and leave in conditioner, look at the clock, now 3 hours have passed since I started bleaching.

What to do?  Hmmm... maybe it's time for a cancellation policy...

Edited by Wmcmanus

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We had 18 of us today at our house for Thanksgiving. We ate almost an entire 22 pound turkey and 3 pounds of salmon, with about 2lbs of each left over for tomorrow. Yum! I'm a little buzzed because we opened too much wine and lost the corks, so I had to finish a bottle.

We all had a great time, and watched the Philadelphia/Dallas game, then the SF/Seattle game. I gave a brother-in-law and two of my nephews some of my watches today, all new ones that I bought in the past year and never wore (this time a Citizen Eco-drive, a Luminox and a Bertucci). Lori says I can't buy another watch until she gets new carpet in the bedroom, and I agreed (after countering that if I gave away 8 watches in the past 6 months I should be allowed to buy at least one - met with blank stare).

I'm drunk posting so I better stop now. Just had a happy day is all...