And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Export to pdf works for the entire document. Export to txt only exports the first 5 pages.

iBooks Author: Export your book for iBooks or in another format

If you aren't submitting your book to the iBooks Store, ... You can also export only the text from your book. ... Type a name for the book, choose a place to save it, and click Export.

Dan, why even bother? CJ already knows everything.

Since my written response didn't seem to make sense, I made a video for Dan who has trouble reading. I highlighted the relevant part of my post above as well in case he wants to read the post after watching the video. Let me know if you need some narration as well Dan if reading and watching doesn't completely get the point across. Perhaps you are an auditory learner. 

https://vimeo.com/115236304

screengrab.mov

Edited by crappyjones123

Thanks Wayne, I've read the book. Don't remember there being anything in there about supplicating to bullies though.

For what it's worth, my responses were cordial to those who weren't just trying to be a bully. I mentioned that the rest export only worked for 5 pages and then Dan quoted Todd's post again. Doesn't seem terribly helpful to me. If the thick skinned argument is to be used then it goes both ways. Otherwise I don't see Dan's posts of being any help.

To all the others, thank you for helping with the matter.

Due to number of circumstances, I had the pleasure of wrapping up our children's presents.  I'm going to have to tell our daughter that her presents were wrapped by an intern elf.

My worst nightmare... having to wrap presents. One of my greatest blessings is that Anne generally doesn't mind doing this and hasn't gotten mad at me for not helping, ever, even a little bit. She's also seen my wrapping prowess, or lack thereof, so maybe that's why.

CJ, really sorry for the suckage of that project gone bad. Wish I could help, but I don't have the knowledge. I do want to say, though, that I don't see where Dan was bullying you. He may not have been as helpful as you'd have liked, and he has a very direct approach, which is his usual, but I didn't see any bullying. It seemed to me that he was trying to help out. I hope you work out the problems in your project, either way. Just keep it in perspective, bro'. I remember when I was in the middle of med school, the stress level and unrealistic expectations of everyone directly surrounding me sometimes got the better of me...

My worst nightmare... having to wrap presents. One of my greatest blessings is that Anne generally doesn't mind doing this and hasn't gotten mad at me for not helping, ever, even a little bit. She's also seen my wrapping prowess, or lack thereof, so maybe that's why.

It was terrible - both the process and my wrapping job.  It's a skill I've never acquired and haven't had the need to since my wife usually does all the wrapping for us.

For what it's worth, my responses were cordial to those who weren't just trying to be a bully. I mentioned that the rest export only worked for 5 pages and then Dan quoted Todd's post again. Doesn't seem terribly helpful to me. If the thick skinned argument is to be used then it goes both ways. Otherwise I don't see Dan's posts of being any help.

Uh...no, you were cranky from the get-go.  If you honestly believe that didn't color your interactions with everyone in this thread, then...well, good luck with that.

• Like 2