And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

As far as housing market, I can only speak to my area (So. Cal) but it seems like we are headed for another bubble.  The prices are going back up, albeit not as rapidly as the 2004-2008 insanity.  Some of the homes in our area for sale are going for, "you want how much fucking money?..." kind of prices.  Investors, speculation, and comps.  The holy trinity of bending you over...

This does not surprise me in the slightest.  When laws like Dodd-Frank pass, you just know it is a matter of time before it gets neutered by crooked politicians and the backers that got them into power.  This is not just a U.S. thing.  It is a by-product of globalization and loopholes that the big players get to take advantage of.

I have no problems with very wealthy people having shit loads of money; I have a problem with the mentality of it being okay to fuck over loads of people to get there.  I respect small and larger companies that work toward long term goals of slow steady growth and stability, but people like those in the linked article are loathsome.  

• Like 1

It would not have been as bad but they allowed people to leave the warehouse with items before purchasing so the first group grabbed everything and took it out into the store to go through to decide what they actually wanted. Everything else they would just leave out there and employees or other customers would pick it up.

I actually started taking stuff out of the hoarders' piles and really pissed off some hipsters but I got a few things to make it worth my time.

• Like 6