And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Really jet-lagged after a 24+ hour travel day to get home from Tel Aviv yesterday. What a great trip though. Israel is an awesome place to visit.

Can't wait to see what exciting stuff gets shown off at CES. Sennheiser, don't let us down!

Ate some rotten crab salad my daughter brought home last night.

After wondering what putrid filth I just shoved down my pie hole, I threw the rest of the plate in the trash.

Woke up this morning without any symptoms of food poisoning. Dodged that bullet - lucky I guess.

Went to the fridge to look at the fishy package and saw that the mayo they used was separating into orange oil

and God knows what else. It was also three days past the expiration date. Ewwww!

Trying to plan a summer trip to surprise Julie. So far I've short listed Paris, Santorini, a drive up the west coast of Ireland (admittedly this is something I've wanted to do for a long time but she expressed interest in as well), and Rome. May 8-16/17 seems to be the only time available to both our schedules. Instead of trying to rush through things and visiting multiple places in a day, I'd prefer to just stick around one city and venture out (barring of course the Ireland trip. Can anyone suggest one vs the other for that time of year? The prices are more or less the same. Neither of us drink or smoke in case that rules in or out any particular locations. 

PS. or any other place really. We had a great time in New Orleans but the rough cost of visiting is pretty much the same. I figured, travel within the US is easier and can be done at other times (thanksgiving break/spring break) so was trying to do something across the pond. 

May should be OK for visiting Rome, not too hot yet. From there you could go to Florence (Firenze), which is one of those places which need to be visited. If you can't do May go the second half of September, but by all means avoid the summer in Rome. Way too hot and humid, way too many people everywhere.

Paris is nice too, but it's more about grandeur (and damn expensive) than anything else. Moreover most Frenchies hate americans, Parisians hate everyone else anyway, and no matter how good is your French, they'll know, more or less with the same accuracy a London snob would know you're not of royal breed. Well, just kidding, or not.. well, Paris deserves a visit too, but the car drive up Ireland's west coast sounds very romantic, and more relaxed.