And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I use AAA for batteries. I love it got that. They come to me, wherever my battery dies ( which never send to be at my mechanics flute some reason) They charge about the same as the big box joints. But the big thing is that you can actually use their warranty, because you don't have to buy a replacement at some random place. (In Florida, that means I only have to pay for every other battery, since no battery lasts for the whole warranty period.)

The other advantage is that they week test your battery, clean up our replace cables and connectors and the like, whether or not you need a new battery, and usually for no charge beyond membership. So, if I don't have my jumper cables on me, I'd probably call then for a jump.

Thanks guys. 

Steve, when we pulled down the ceiling in the dining room, we found the beautiful hand-hewn beams in the living room didn't extend all the way to the back of the house.  It was built in 1850, and the last 6 feet or so had half-round beams with the bark still on them... Not exactly the look we were going for.  So when we were getting ready to re-frame the drywall ceiling, a coworker offered three 24' 8x6 beams from an 1800 era cape he owns. He needed to open up a wall and reframed the second floor.  While it killed me to cut them to length, we were able to get enough to add those beams just below the existing framing and fill between.  And the table was built from my father's old rough-sawn staging planks.  He put it together after we mentioned wanting a harvest table in the new dining room.  It's pretty cool to have that history in the table, and it fits the space perfectly.

• Like 2