And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Almost peed myself at work today.

I come to my office this morning, see the main dev guy clacking away on his keyboard. Turns out the guy's been working on Sunday and had his kids with him. Keep in mind that our office is loaded with various kinds of headphones and studio monitors, we do acoustic research and measure headphones. I come by the dev guy and see that his B&W 686 bookshelf speaker has a poked metal (!!!) tweeter. Turns out his boy has been a very avid speaker poker and poked almost all of our monitors, which didn't suffer any permanent damage due to soft cone tweeters and paper woofers.

So picture this - a grown ass man, trying to suck the metal tweeter back with his friggin mouth! In the end his french kissing didn't do much, because considerable force is needed to right back metal tweeters (imagine very thick metal foil). I did some repairs with a piece of scotch tape (stick and pull back), but some of the deeper creases didn't budge.

• Like 4

The guy also made a sort of vacuum pump from a thermos and the inside of a paper towel roll. The thermos inside the cardboard tube made a nice piston like seal, so it could be pulled out and sucked out the drivers with resulting vacuum.

• Like 1

Changed my spark plugs. I had a dead coil recently on 3, so that one looks worse/differently bad. I went to do it when I changed the coil out in January but didn't have a long enough extension. After borrowing one, it was either too cold, I was too busy, or in too much back pain to spend an hour under the hood.

Test drive felt favorable and it feels peppy again. Now I'm hoping my mileage goes back up the 7-10 mpg I've been down recently.

post-16-14258505470862_thumb.jpg

**BRENT**

Spent the afternoon at Aardvark Baguette's house listening to his nearing finished setup.  Took a camera to take pictures of the system but spent to much time in the listening chair to get the camera out.  Sounded excellent with everything I put through it.

Was there for another of Chris' patent pending "Deal of the Century Sales" at which I picked up the Hyper Spike rack for my work system and all the Dusty approved purple power cords needed to power the gear for about the price of the original sales tax on the rack.

i-Jr5fn8F-X2.jpg

• Like 4

Recovering from the hangover from Bonnie's birthday party. The party, which had a gardening/jewelry theme was a great success. The centerpiece was a beyond fabulous cake, contributed by a neighborhood chef, who doesn't do cakes commercially, but bakes one occasionally if there's a challenge, or if she basically feels like it. (She's a super regular at the Southport, where we had the "do". Photo posted for Birgir's benefit. All but two of the plants are real and were live up until being murdered for inclusion in the cake. It's carrot cake, and the flavor was exquisite. It was surrounded by Oreo "dirt cakes" in plant pots, but I didn't get a picture of it all in proper condition. But the idea comes through. I was blown away.

post-1031-14258621277307_thumb.jpg

• Like 10