And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats Peter and family.

Had my first MRI (shoulder). Never been claustrophobic or more than irritated by pounding techno in my head, but that was amusingly unpleasant.

It's really not fun if you are claustrophobic (I know). Hope it's nothing too bad, shoulder problems are no fun.

Picked up and set up the new TV. 60 inches is a healthy upgrade over 42! I haven't done any calibration yet, but it looks great straight out of the box. The old Panasonic had a very nice picture, but this is much better. 6 years of technological improvement. This should hold me until OLED really goes mainstream.

Nice, enjoy!

Woke up to a bunch of spurious international charges on my credit card via Google.  I'm on the phone now with Capital One and Google.

Aside:  the Capital One representative is on hold with me, listening to the Google wait music.  Which isn't as bad as Capital One's wait music, but still...some payback.

EDIT:  Now I feel bad -- the Capital One rep was really nice, the person at Google wallet spent way too much time talking, and not enough time finding anything -- I'm not even sure I was talking to the right person.  They couldn't find any transactions!  How is that possible?  I just got this card, and I'm already closing it.

Yup, one of the transactions said, "Google* Viacom".  I just sent Google a scathing email:

No, I'm not happy, but I'll give you a chance to fix it before I complain.  Google -- as an authorized credit card merchant -- should have been able to find the corresponding transactions. Period. I had to shut the card down because you couldn't. I don't want to know about your ridiculous bureaucracy and the difference between Google Wallet and Google Play or Google store or whatever else is going on there. You have a user who is fraudulently using my credit card, I would think you'd want to know that and shut them down, as expeditiously as possible.

You'd think. I just had a hassle with B&H. They sold a bundle that doesn't exist. Cost them money to make good on it. (And then ups imprisoned and tortured the overnight replacement package. Never, ever use ups for anything important!) I told B&H that they needed to take down the phantom sku. A week later, it's still up. WTF. I put a review on out that basically says "don't buy this 'cause out didn't exist" most folks would be embarrassed......

• Like 1