And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent way too much time trying to clone a Win 7 drive on a laptop to a SSD.  After trying many different methods/software, including Clonezilla, the one that finally worked was a free version of Macarium Reflect - the very same program that failed to work the last time I tried to clone a Win 7 drive to a SSD.  I miss OS X where cloning an OS drive is ridiculously easy.

What went wrong with Clonezilla?  I rarely have had issues with it in the past...  

Nothing, technically.  I just forgot Clonezilla won't clone from a larger drive to a smaller one (even if actual data will fit) without fiddling with the partition size and I couldn't get GParted to load for some reason.

Around home time at work today I get a call from a friend to tell me he saw a couple having sex on my car in the car park.

I go down to investigate: my friend was correct.

They appeared to be a homeless couple, and heavily intoxicated from sniffing tolulene.  I thought I'd best be diplomatic.

I told them I was leaving in the car in five minutes time, so they'd be better off finding somewhere else.

The guy gave me a wink and told me he'd be finished in two minutes.

• Like 5