And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I just setup my Oppo BDP-95 to use DLNA streaming from JRiver on my PC. That was like the easiest shit in the world. My entire library now available to stream to the home theater. Don't know why I never did this.

Yep.  I'm using JRiver on our iMac to stream to my PS Audio PWD Mk2, and controlling the playback with my iPhone 6+

We got this chef's knife as a wedding present in 1991 and it just broke after 24 years of use I mailed it off to Wusthof for replacement. That's pretty good customer service.

dd336f8ae8ea22253d759586addf9a68.jpg

We have the same knife! Good to know the customer service is so good, but disappointed it would snap in half like that!

^ Right. I'll try to post photos of the Roseanne Barr/Fran Drescher/Kirstie Alley/Sarah Jessica Parker series tonight.

Actually, mad props to Roseanne (and Candace Bergen, Tyne Daly, etc.) for creating interesting female TV characters in the 80s, before the Friends (and clones) cultural tsunami f'ed it all up again.

• Like 1

More house shit. On Wednesday, I got a bunch of rotten wood replace on the side of the house and windows fixed.  I was trying to put it off until I knew what was happening with the estate but decided it was getting really bad and so I better do it.  As soon as the workers left, I noticed that they hadn't caulked the dryer vent cover so I went and got some silicone to do that.  As soon as I finished that, I realized that the light fixtures in front of the house  we falling over - they pipe holding the wires was corroded and now there were exposed wires.  So I get the name of an electrician, get them to come out, they say the job is big enough that the boss has to come out and give me a bid next week, and they cannot fix it.  Jesus, I am tired of dealing with house problem - they build up faster than one can fix them.  Luckily, the refrigerator that was leaking out of the water dispenser stopped leaking on its own so that was good. 

Rant over.  Time for whiskey. 

Bought a ticket to go to my first movie in a theater in I would guess around 15-20 years.  I figure one every couple of decades is a good average.

Theaters seem to have much better beer lists now than the last time I went to the theater.

https://d994l96tlvogv.cloudfront.net/uploads/cafe/menu/afcmosaic-menu-lounge.pdf

Edited by VPI
  • Like 4