And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I'm glad you had a good Tahoe experience.  I spent all time there every summer of you youth and love it in summer better than winter.

Blasphemy! :laugh: 

Tahoe in the winter is as fun and as beautiful as anywhere else in California!

I hope for more reasons than one that we in California have a VERY wet fall/winter this year. The skiing resorts have been badly hurt by the drought just like everybody else.

• Like 1

Good luck Haj. I know how you feel. It took a few rounds but we finally found a contractor we like who is honest, does good work, repairs what we ask him to and does pretty much everything. He's not the quickest communicator but the plusses far outweigh the minuses. Our garage, driveway expansion and landscaping are moving along nicely.

Went to 4 different Post Offices, technically one used to be a post office but is now a construction site but USPS was too incompetent to update their system, trying to track down an Amazon package.  Never found it so they will try to deliver it again to my place of business at 8PM.  When did Amazon start using these assholes for Prime deliveries?

• Like 1

I'm not impressed with USPS/Amazon thing either.  IIRC, they've only delivered on Sat/Sun once and rest of the orders didn't get in until Monday or Tuesday (whey they said the orders would be in on weekend).

Good luck Haj. I know how you feel. It took a few rounds but we finally found a contractor we like who is honest, does good work, repairs what we ask him to and does pretty much everything. He's not the quickest communicator but the plusses far outweigh the minuses. Our garage, driveway expansion and landscaping are moving along nicely.

Yeah, trying to find couple of more to call now.  We had one place that we liked/trusted, but their estimate was much higher than we'd anticipated (we knew it was going to be high, but the estimate went well beyond it).

Edited by Salt Peanuts
  • Like 1

After cleaning 5 pounds of Nutella off of everything, everything but the obvious was salvaged, and Amazon is sending the entire package out again for delivery tomorrow so our Smoothie bar ends up with almost double of everything.