And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I am stuck in my office, starving, waiting for the massive thunderstorm to end.  We really don't need anymore rain; we've already had around 12 inches over the past month and we're probably going to get another few inches this afternoon.

Edited by shellylh

Waiting for my daughter to arrive from Indiana.

Jeff should have flown Southwest airlines, on time and no hassles.  Kind of like flying in a taxi with seven passengers but at least you arrive on time and the wifi works.  ^-^

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 2

Had an EMG this weekend (love needles) and was told that I have severe right wrist carpal tunnel syndrome and right mild cubital tunnel syndrome, from using my crutches too much, and if I don't have surgery or stop using the crutches I could have permanent damage.  Back in the wheelchair now, maybe until I can go back on Oxycontin to reduce the pain enough to let me walk without assistance.

Then my wife and I went to a boy scout leader appreciation dinner today, and I noticed one of our friends choking on her food.  She was clutching her throat and can't make a sound for real, and she tried to take a sip of water to loosen the food and the water wouldn't go down either.  

I alerted someone closer to her who came and did the Heimlich maneuver, and she was okay and finished dinner with us happy to be alive.  Without realizing it, I had gotten up and was standing right behind them as emergency backup, in case the person who got there first should fail.  

That made me realize that I should stop being depressed about my painful broken femur and now carpal/cubital tunnel, because I (and my daughter) could have died in that car crash last December instead.  Maybe pain is mind over matter, and if I can walk when filled with adrenalin then there has to be another way to do it without wrecking my carpal tunnel from using crutches.

What do you guys think about hypnosis or subliminal audio messages?

• Like 3

Larry, I have no scientific evidence of any of those really working on the long haul, however hypnosis might help to get you going by better controlling your pain. You're a lucky man, you're alive, your daughter is too, and you should be able to enjoy life completely.

• Like 1

Nice job saving a life!

Not so convinced those modalities help pain, but have a bunch of patients who feel they do.

This weekend, got a new pet, a box turtle. A neighbor had been trying to donate him to us since our dogs died and his two daughters grew up and left the house. The kids named him Flash because in the back yard he's so fast. I've seen him once since we got him. Here he is, look closely under the Spanish moss...

3739db58957c7112cb77540b52c09262.jpg

• Like 2