And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

We have them down here too Naaman. Luckily they usually avoid humans, except they like to get in dark places like shoes. Next B-B-Q meal?

Glad Flash has a good home!

EDIT: I've heard the smaller the pincers, the more lethal.

Edited by swt61

While I was at summer camp in Georgia they always told us to shake out our shoes. I never saw one there and I aways wondered if it was one of those camp stories.

Guess there's one called the Southern Devil Scorpion that likes high humidity.

Go figure.

Is that thing on your leg, Naaman?  Is it still alive in that pic?  If so, you're nuts (and yours were at risk)!

Was on my arm and it was definitely alive. I only noticed it when I raised my arm to close a cabinet in the kitchen. 

We have them down here too Naaman. Luckily they usually avoid humans, except they like to get in dark places like shoes. Next B-B-Q meal?

Glad Flash has a good home!

EDIT: I've heard the smaller the pincers, the more lethal.

Also heard that it's inversely proportional to tail size. It was a striped bark scorpion which is all I have seen around here. Guess I'm going to shake my cloths out from now on. 

• Like 1

That is utterly and completely fucked up. I forgot your bicep is the size of my thigh. What the hell did you do when you saw it on your arm and after you took the time to move around and take a picture of it? Fuck, that is fucked up.

I was just thankful it decided to hitch a ride on the outside of my shirt. Took a couple of flicks to get it off then gave it the good old boot stomp. Also glad it wasn't a centipede.
  • Like 1

Speaking of Austin, I got a bill from the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (i.e. Austin toll billing agency) for driving on a toll road in Austin in March. I certainly do not remember driving to Austin so either someone is stealing and taking my "fancy" 2004 Honda Accord for a joyride Austin or I have been sleepdriving (and sleep filling up the gas tank).  Weird.   I hope I don't find any scorpions in the backseat. 

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 2

Hopefully you can get a picture of the car, too, it's probably not even a Honda.  The hassle still sucks.

Me:  (amongst other things) rolled a 70+ lb. amp up my apartment complex stairs.  It was a 4x10 combo amp, and it was significantly cheaper than I'd seen either the 2x12 or even 1x12 version of the amp (in fact, I've never even seen a 4x10 version of it, and it's not on the website), which I've been GASsing over, with no intention of keeping it (well, little intention of keeping it).  But now that I've destroyed the box to get it out of it, I'm hoping I like it enough to keep it, because I don't ever want to move it again.  And now I need a shower.