And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

When you add events, do you set a reminder/notification that will show up on a device you have with you? Typically a set of reminder emails at the start or the day works for me - Google is omniscient enough to know when I have to leave my current location to make a given appointment.

Worth the annoyance I'd say.  I'd forget all kinds of shit if I didn't have reminders.  In any case, sorry to hear of the woes.

Nate, happy to hear you were able to save some of the food, hope the freezer stock wasn't too much....

Me: flew back from FL today, all unpacked but a fuckload of laundry for Karen, Andrew and me this weekend.

Yeah, as the hours go by and the guy continues to no-show on the follow up I'm increasingly glad that I got it working again.  I'll probably call shortly and tell him not to bother and just order the board from Amazon and do the repair myself.

And at least I have ice for my drink later...

• Like 4

Glad you were able to get it working again for the short term.

I hate when you can't get people you want to hire to do something to call you back (I've been trying to get someone to fix the flashing on some pipes on the roof for weeks. I guess it doesn't help that we keep having heavy thunderstorms.

Edited by shellylh

I hate when you can't get people you want to hire to do something to call you back (I've been trying to get someone to fix three flashing on some pipes in the roof for weeks. I guess it doesn't help that we keep having heavy thunderstorms.

I once had an electrician call me back 6 months after I left a message with his office/secretary.

• Like 1

Fuuuuuuuu....

We may now be entering The Shelly Zone.  I went downstairs today to put some stuff in the boiler room and noticed that the area immediately surrounding my hot water heater is damp.  Shit.  Some investigation identified that the pressure relief valve on the top is letting a little water by, maybe a drip every few minutes.  Hopefully it's just the valve and not the heater.  Plumber called, wallet emptying surely to follow.

So sorry Nate.  :(   It really sucks when everything decides to break at once.  

We had a dripping noise in our wall once.  It turned out that the water heater was dripping because the pressure release valve was bad.  The reason it was dripping into the wall was because whoever installed the hot water heater (which is in the attic) put a ~2" long drain pipe into the wall (so that it looked like it went all the way down the wall but it didn't).  

I'm so jealous!  I was awakened by severe thunderstorms (with a tornado warning) this morning at 6:30am and couldn't go back to sleep (after going to sleep around 2am).   I don't like tornado warnings because I don't have any rooms on the bottom floor without a window. 

Dropped off my daughter at LAX for her nine week internship at University College Dublin, Ireland.  She will be working with a UCD professor on a very interesting neuroscience study on cognitive learning disabled children and treatments and diagnosis utilizing some new mobile and computer software.

Travel, room and board paid-  check

Stipend- check

Research publication credit- maybe

Win!

• Like 7

Saturday we loaded up a ton (literally... 2000+ lbs) of residual construction debris from when we bought the house and took down walls and ceilings. Feels very good to have my back yard again, despite the damage it did to my lower back.

Today I did the front pads and rotors on our VW Touareg. But for one stubborn fastener, it wasn't a bad job at all. And considering it needs new rubber all around, the $450 I saved doing it myself was worth it since that will cover 3 of the 4 tires.

Edited by en480c4