And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

but then you'd be in atlanta, which is one of the few american cities worse than houston :)

I actually enjoy living in Houston (at least in the area of town where I live and hang out*).  I bet you it is a LOT different here than when you were here.  Things have changed quite a lot even since I was a graduate student 1997-2002.  

*There are probably a lot of really crappy areas though.   

Edited by shellylh

The parts I didn't like about houston were the climate, the pollution, and the climate. I'd bet 2 of the 3 are worse than I remember, and the third is probably still worse than I'd like :)

I did really like the Rice campus, and the area around Rice. Except when it was above 80 degrees.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah the climate hasn't changed too much (assuming you are talking about weather).   I like the warmth and humidity so it is good for me.  The political climate has probably changed though.  The pollution isn't too fun but it is hard to get away from pollution being in a big city. 

What I don't like: (1) mosquitos, (2) giant cockroaches, (3) you can't buy liquor on Sundays (except in restaurants), (4) public transportation is getting better but still isn't great.

Edited by shellylh

Just found a schwack of morels in my lane. Eleanor doesn't trust my mushroom ID skills, but she's out of town. :)

03d7f995ddbf526f04c69c4336d27956.jpg

I've never tried one, but they are supposedly delicious.

Wow! Those are a big delicacy around here. People go morel hunting and sell them for good money, or keep them and show them off to friends. I've read about people falling off cliffs while morel hunting. Nice find!

• Like 1

Just found a schwack of morels in my lane. Eleanor doesn't trust my mushroom ID skills, but she's out of town. :)

03d7f995ddbf526f04c69c4336d27956.jpg

I've never tried one, but they are supposedly delicious.

I have had them once; they are divine on steak.  Those look like the real deal.  From what I read, they go for a king's ransom, because they cannot be grown.  You have to stumble upon them.  And people get very territorial hunting.  The reason is that over harvesting wipes them out of an area.