And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Marc, we have a lot of friends and family in the medical field and my advice after talking to a large number of surgeons who have attended our BBQs is to take a black sharpie and write on each limb-

"Save, do not cut".  Surgeons like to party too you know and sometimes they forget the playbook prior to surgery.

I have had them once; they are divine on steak.  Those look like the real deal.  From what I read, they go for a king's ransom, because they cannot be grown.  You have to stumble upon them.  And people get very territorial hunting.  The reason is that over harvesting wipes them out of an area.

Hope I didn't over-harvest!

I had some sauteed in butter, on toast this afternoon. They were pretty good, but next time I'll do something more ambitious with them. This was the "let's make sure they're not going to make me ill" test.

Marc, we have a lot of friends and family in the medical field and my advice after talking to a large number of surgeons who have attended our BBQs is to take a black sharpie and write on each limb-

"Save, do not cut".  Surgeons like to party too you know and sometimes they forget the playbook prior to surgery.

It's happened.  It's rare, but you don't want to be the one that could have prevented it with a permanent marker.

Well wishes Marc!

Me:  I went to Island Music in La Plata.  Worth it just for the lass behind the counter, had that whole indie geek girl/sex bomb thing down.

But anyway:  I discovered something about myself:  I kind of turn into a bit of a spaz in music stores.  What's up with that?  I mean, part of it is the whole "shopaholic" thing, but why does it transform into being a teenager again?

• Like 2

But anyway:  I discovered something about myself:  I kind of turn into a bit of a spaz in music stores.  What's up with that?  I mean, part of it is the whole "shopaholic" thing, but why does it transform into being a teenager again?

I used to be like this, especially in High School.  But there are times where it still comes out.  It just shows how much you/we like music.

In high school, I used to actually dream of finding records.  I was a big Syd Barret/Pink Floyd fan then, and had a dream once that I was perusing the albums at a local used store, and came across this Syd bootleg.  It was a plain white cover with a small black & white photo in the middle, maybe 6" x 6" for the photo.  About a week later, my friend Bob and I were there, and I come across a Syd Barrett bootleg with a black and white photo on a plain white cover!  Now, the photo was pretty much the whole cover; but I had told Bob about my dream and we were both pretty amazed.

I think that happened a couple times, but that was the one I remember the most.  I think I had made a fool of myself when i found it, don't even remember what stupid noises I must have made.....

• Like 3

I am a firm believer that moments like these /\   /\    /\    /\   /\ are what keep us young and alive.  It is great to have something that excites a silly childish passion once in a while, something that shows we are alive. 

The alternative is to be a crusty old fart and they are not fun to be around. 

• Like 1

Hear hear!   :)

No, seriously, it doesn't really bother me that much, as long as I'm outside myself, I can laugh.  Even when I get bad advice, I laugh, because I know it's bad advice (for example, when the salesperson starts telling me something that's wrong).  The only time I stop laughing is when I stop getting good advice.  But I persist, and I try to show that I am capable of admitting my mistakes, learning, and continue to seek truth/good information/&c.

Me:  Brought my teal Carvin w/floyd rose ish (licensed) trem to a guitar-playing friend of mine.  "I hate floyd roses.  You know how many guitars I have with a Floyd Rose?  Well, one, but I never play it..."  Lollers.  I'll probably have to figure it out mostly on my own, but he got me started and more importantly, he showed me at least one thing I was doing wrong that could have screwed up the guitar permanently.  I'm glad I stopped when I realized I didn't know what I was doing.  He also gave me a nice little mini-lecture on woods and tone.

Then spent the rest of the day with my sister -- we went to lunch, she gave me a haircut, we went to.a movie, interspersed with much talking.  I haven't seen her in several months, so that was great.

• Like 2

I think it is a great thing when people become drooling buffoons when they enter a store of their passion.  I'm that way about computer stores, and recently plant nurseries.  My main lust is traveling, but I digress.

Everyone needs to be passionate about something, otherwise why go on?  Life is short: as long as the bills are paid, there is retirement constantly put away, and you have good friends and health, drool away.

As for myself, master bathroom remodels are a fucking pain in the ass.  Who knew having a closet for your clothes (part of the bathroom - fuck me) would be so important for sanity with five little ones running around?

Edited by roadtonowhere08
  • Like 1

Woke up at 4am to son puking on living room floor. Finally got back to sleep around 6. Woke up late for work but I was feeling bad. Called doctor to get in (on campus clinic FTW.) Took two hours, but got in. Think some kind of viral infection. Rest, fluids, OTC meds and waiting. They drew blood so I'm sure I'll come back with monobola tomorrow, but for now, going to rest and not worry about all the OT $$$ and PTO I am losing because of this. Yay.

Oh, and can't even get a drink (not only because unwise at this juncture), but because ex-roomie let a friend drink the remaining half bottle of 4R Single Barrel I've been saving. So glad I can wash my hands of that.

On bright side, kids aren't sick anymore and they are having fun at grandma's.

**BRENT**

So let me get this straight, roomie is balking at paying rent as she walks on the deal and has the balls to drink your booze without asking? 

Apparently that is the case! People nowadays.....sometimes I feel I'd rather err on the side of coldness/cuntiness than compassion :(

(Snark was aimed at ex-roomie not you, Nate :))

Not dead. In pain, despite opting for a epidural :( I think it will be a slow recovery. Thanks for all the nice thoughts guys!

Glad to hear you are alive Marc!!!  Sorry about the in pain part.  Hope you recover quickly. 

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1