And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Notice that the trackpad on Tim's computer from 2010 wasn't working and figured out it was because of a swollen battery.  I couldn't get a genius appointment until Monday so I went in and got someone to help me in 15 minutes.  They took out the bad battery and recycled it for no charge.  Luckily, it had no leaked (although I don't know how common it is for these batteries to leak or explode).  

WTF is up with Apple's batteries?  This is the third one I've had (albeit over 10 years) that has swelled.  At least you can get it fixed in the same day.  

Took Andrew driving (he got his learner's permit a couple weeks ago), 3rd time and first in some minor traffic (side roads and grocery store parking lot).  He's done alright on smaller, empty parking lot driving.  This was pretty good, too.... 

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1

Main line drain blockage too far for a 35 foot snake to get to.  When the washer floods your downstairs shower (and bathroom floor) with it's contents, alerting you of the blockage, cursing ensues.  Contractor friend will come back tomorrow with big rooter, take off toilet, and run that sucker to the sea if need be.  No flushing, kids get 30 second showers, and backlog of laundry will have to wait.  Oh, and I used pretty much all the towels to clean up the flood.  Fuck, fuck, and more fuck.

I managed to get all five kids washed in under 5 minutes.  But when I was toweling them off, one of the 1 year olds pulled the drain and I did not notice it.  Apparently one downstairs shower full of soapy water = 1/4 upstairs tub water + 4" drain pipe capacity between the two.  No flooding though.  That was close :palm:

I managed to get all five kids washed in under 5 minutes.  But when I was toweling them off, one of the 1 year olds pulled the drain and I did not notice it.  Apparently one downstairs shower full of soapy water = 1/4 upstairs tub water + 4" drain pipe capacity between the two.  No flooding though.  That was close :palm:

Wow, so the water drained into the downstairs shower pan and didn't flow over?  Good Luck there.

Thanks for the empathy everyone.

In other news, remember me mentioning getting an Amazon delivery from some guy in a red car? 

http://consumerist.com/2015/06/16/amazon-reportedly-working-on-new-shipping-service-that-turns-ordinary-people-into-couriers/

I KNEW it.

Dear Amazon,

No. NO.  FUCK NO!  How did this get past your lawyers?

Sincerely,

Common Sense

Welcome to the club, Stretch. In (what seems like) no time, you'll be needing multiple task oriented pairs, getting used to progressive / varifocals, sitting on them and ultimately forgetting where you left them (hint: try the top of your head :) ). Enjoy the ride :)

This does of course open up opportunities for Head-Case style consumption. No plebian frames for you.  Something to match the new ride perhaps?

http://www.porsche-design.us/Products/Eyewear/Reading-Tools/

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 1