And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Speaking of killing - came close to doing so to a drone whose pilot evidently thought he'd improve his remote piloting skills (was several hundred yards away and obviously using a camera) flying low under, over and around play structures in a populated childrens park. Dude????

Also had fun at a park.

• Like 1

Spent the day at and around Caltech (Shelly jealous).   ^-^

Today is the first day of a week long fencing camp run by an impressive (for me) list of fencing coaches. Two Caltech fencing team coaches,the former Notre Dame head coach and former Olympic foil coach, and another former Notre Dame foil coach.  Very nice caring people who all share a genuine love for the sport. Color me impressed and grateful.

• Like 3

I know, but the Cali crew wants you to be jealous and move to Pasadena to be close to the hugging source.   :laugh:

I will look for Tops burgers but Burgers and Pies might win out, we heard they are numba' one.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 1

I have found a few of those around the house lately (and also some live millipedes).  It's probably because of all the rain we've had this year. 

You really sprayed after finding one earwig?  Except for bed bugs, it takes quite a few before I take action.  Also, rats and mice, if I found one, I would not be happy. 

Edited by shellylh

Crap.  I just went in my bedroom to go to bed.  There was a giant cockroach on the ceiling.  I tried to get it with the flyswatter and it just flew onto my neck/back.  I was crawling around looking for it and felt something crawling on me.  I couldn't get it off.  Fuck.  I guess they aren't all dead yet.  They one was very alive and healthy.  

Demon Max was used which I thought worked pretty quickly. Perhaps the roach had just come directly out of the wall and had not reached the area with the poison. I did realize that the electrician had done a poor job putting the wall plate back on the wall when he was here a few weeks ago. There was certainly enough room for cockroaches to come through that area. I've fixed that so hopefully it will help.

Isn't dust only supposed to be sprayed in cracks and crevices or under carpet. We did have Alpine dust put under the carpet and in light fixtures when we had the bed bugs. That stuff is no longer working I'm sure.

I have this slight fear that the roaches have become resistant to the Demon Max.... That wouldn't be fun.

We've been having the same guy spray 4 times a year for 9 years. He's probably been using the same stuff the entire time. They can't become somewhat resistant in that time?

I would think so.  Ask him (not the roach, the pestilencectomy guy), it'd be interesting to see what he says, first in response to your question, then once you tell him that people on the internet are telling you "yes they can".