And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The guy who sprays my house is an idiot (really, he knows nothing) so I can't/won't ask him.  His dad used to own/run the company and the dad was very knowledgeable.  He has since retired and his son took over.   Tim has used the company for the last 20+ years. They only reason I still use them is because I am lazy.  After finding the roach in my bed this weekend, I planned to call a different/better company this Monday but the idiot son called me on Sunday to come and spray. It's like he knew.  

Edit: I should say that he has only been spraying our house for 9 years (before that Tim had him spray his former house). 

Edited by shellylh

I was referring to the "4 times a year for 9 years" line.  I imagine over 20 years they and other companies have changed the pesticide.....

But who knows, roaches are great grandchildren of the devil so maybe they DO adapt...... (EDIT: not that being related to the devil means faster adaptation....I just needed something stupidly profound to say about roaches)

Edited by skullguise

Sounds like he's smart enough to still get you to  pay him, so I guess idiot is a relative thing. :P

Very funny Steve, I am just a sucker.  I'd almost rather just pay him not to come and then I wouldn't have to deal with him and wouldn't feel bad about taking money out of his pocket. 

The label for Demon Max says 2005 on it so I assume it is about 10 years old.  It is used by many pest control companies.  I wonder how many people on my block have this stuff sprayed 4 times a year.   The active ingredient is cypermethrin which has been around longer than that.  Jacob is probably right, they aren't resistant, I am just probably having a lot more roaches than normal this year because Tim isn't here to scare them off (and we've had a ton of rain). 

I was referring to the "4 times a year for 9 years" line.  I imagine over 20 years they and other companies have changed the pesticide.....

But who knows, roaches are great grandchildren of the devil so maybe they DO adapt...... (EDIT: not that being related to the devil means faster adaptation....I just needed something stupidly profound to say about roaches)

Roaches adapt extremely well!

Got released from the hospital.

On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, around 4:00 in the morning I was waking up with an odd feeling. A bit of chest tightness, arm tightness, etc. All pretty minor but just uncomfortable. Sit up for an hour or so and go back to bed. On Wednesday around 2:00 I went outside to do some work, and just wasn't feeling right. Called my doctor and after talking to one of his nurse's, had my wife take me to the ER.

After angioplasty, 100% blockage in the RCA, one stent. Fun fun, but I guess still being here counts for something. Got out a day earlier than normal because I was doing so well.

Edited by Pars
  • Like 5

Your overall good health and fitness served you well, Chris. Best of luck in recovery but stent technology (subject of several patent actions of my past) is amazing and amazingly effective. Best wishes from MOA.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, and hope MOA is insane and bliss-filled :

Got released from the hospital.

On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, around 4:00 in the morning I was waking up with an odd feeling. A bit of chest tightness, arm tightness, etc. All pretty minor but just uncomfortable. Sit up for an hour or so and go back to bed. On Wednesday around 2:00 I went outside to do some work, and just wasn't feeling right. Called my doctor and after talking to one of his nurse's, had my wife take me to the ER.

After angioplasty, 100% blockage in the right cortoid artery, one stent. Fun fun, but I guess still being here counts for something. Got out a day earlier than normal because I was doing so well.

Wow, thank God you went to the ER!  Some people put it off until it's too late.  So you had only a carotid artery blockage and it was opened up, or also coronary artery?  The first symptoms sounded like heart and the second day sounded like Carotid (neck artery to brain - good thing we have two of those).

When I had symptoms like that my pastor took me to the ER because we had a new baby at home and my wife had to stay with the kids, but it turned out to just be my Fibrosing Mediastinitis rearing it's head and being diagnosed for the first time.

MESSAGE TO OTHERS - DON'T DELAY, it can save a life.