And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

A good two days of working on the living room with my father. Faux fireplace, wired for TV and speakers, new built in nook for the electronics and some in-wall speakers to clean things up. Ship lap paneling, a reclaimed mantle and no wires makes me very happy. We just need to caulk, fill, prime and paint the pine and oil the mantle and take care of a spot where the plaster didn't cooperate when installing the speakers.

837fbba629b7bac57dc58f82fbca768a.jpg

c1e424e185bdc32a8510b11e55c80f81.jpg

• Like 4

As someone who spent a solid decade installing speakers in walls like that... that's remarkably little damage. Good work on that. Wait a couple days after any caulking you do, before painting, or you'll risk it peeling/cracking later on. You can also dry-brush the speaker grilles to match the wall if you plan to put them back on.

Weird day today....

Comcast was completely out, and when it came back, still had to go to basement and reset the phone router.

Did some productive things, laundry and got the enclosed deck/porch ready for winter.  it figures it gets to ~75 degrees when i chose to do this!

Then, while watching the Bruins lose again, I get a call from my mom.  She was on the way down with my brother and sister-in-law from a weekend at their condo in NH.  A truck rear-ended them.  Everyone thankfully OK, but shaken up.  Stuck at the scene a while, but made it back here where my mom had left her car.  Briother's SUV will need some good work, but it held up OK and thankfully kept everyone safe.

Then driving with Andrew.  He kind of regressed at first, tentative and over-doing some things; but settled in.

We'll cap it off with dinner ordered in, one of Andrew's favorites.

I'll join you Dusty in the "bit fried" status....need to chill tonight.  Got a bottle of Mead yesterday I'm going to try for dessert.

Made hotel reservations for San Jose Thanksgiving weekend, Chandler Arizona November first, and dinner reservations at Commander's Palace and Brennans for mid December in NOLA.  Should be interesting next couple of months in a good way.

• Like 2

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Yes many times Steve, and for the same general reason.

;)

Steve, we will be hanging in that general area so if time allows we may stop in and check out your friends restaurant.

Made hotel reservations for San Jose Thanksgiving weekend, Chandler Arizona November first, and dinner reservations at Commander's Palace and Brennans for mid December in NOLA.  Should be interesting next couple of months in a good way.

Thanks for the invitation Greg! I've always wanted to try these restaurants. See you in N'awlins.

• Like 1

Since I'm selling my house for lot valie, it doesn't really matter what happens to the actual house. What is important is that I keep the three big live oak trees alive. I went by the house yesterday and noticed that the grass and azaleas looked really bad. We haven't had much rain but the automatic sprinklers were suppose to be on. I go in the garage and they weren't working. Went back today to check it out and luckily, it was just a blown fuse. I switched it out and they seem to be working again. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Fuses are there to protect circuits.  When they blow, it means something went wrong.  Hopefully it was something transient that you won't see again.  However, you might wish to check daily for a while to see if the behavior repeats itself.

I assume I only need to check everyday that the system is supposed to run? It would be a pain to have to drive over to the house everyday to check on it.

I assume I only need to check everyday that the system is supposed to run? It would be a pain to have to drive over to the house everyday to check on it.

Yes, you can wait until the next time it's supposed to run.  BTW, did you reset the timer (if it needs resetting) so that the date and time of day were correct?