And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Woke up, got kids off to school (barely) and got ready for work. I threw my back out picking something off the floor. I heard a loud pop. I then heard 30 seconds of me screaming in pain and debating limping to the car to go to work or limping to the couch to call out. Seeing that I'd have gotten in trouble at work for missing, and it would have cost me a bit of $$$ in lost OT wages, I just went in and took a bunch of pills and suffered through it. The reward was getting to see the kids in their Holiday band concert right after work.

Then I came home and started drinking until I quit caring about my back hurting, and playing some games. We had 3-5 people playing Drunk Driving Simulator tonight; pics are in the game thread. Now I get to go take a nap before I do most of it again.

**BRENT**

If you remember, I had surgery at L5/S1 a few years back for Cauda Equina Syndrome. I know back pain. This pain sucked, but it was like just a 7 on my adjusted pain scale. I have combined PTO/sick leave, but my supervisor doesn't understand that whole "people need to be out sometimes" thing. We have been doing 6 days most weeks since May. We can have a max of 2 people out at a time (lowered from 4 because she is bad at math,) even if it's for someone being sick. I'll have built back up over two weeks of paid leave (single dads burn through a lot) as of Jan 1, but it's rare I can use it.

Oh well, since the pain spread to my leg I'm going to try to sleep through it instead of being awake and frustrated.

**BRENT**

26 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

If you remember, I had surgery at L5/S1 a few years back for Cauda Equina Syndrome. I know back pain. This pain sucked, but it was like just a 7 on my adjusted pain scale. I have combined PTO/sick leave, but my supervisor doesn't understand that whole "people need to be out sometimes" thing. We have been doing 6 days most weeks since May. We can have a max of 2 people out at a time (lowered from 4 because she is bad at math,) even if it's for someone being sick. I'll have built back up over two weeks of paid leave (single dads burn through a lot) as of Jan 1, but it's rare I can use it.

Oh well, since the pain spread to my leg I'm going to try to sleep through it instead of being awake and frustrated.

Your neck and spine trying to support that enormous head of yours is probably contributing to the problem.

Aye keed, aye keed...

Thanks guys. Back is feeling better, pain spread to leg last night, but it's manageable compared to what I used to have, so I deal. Nothing some Four Roses can't take care of (in liberal doses.)

I do need to get back to doing some stuff. I've recently moved stuff around in the house and there's an open room now, and since riding has helped my back perhaps there will be some room for the bike trainer. I don't know where I'll hang all those extra clothes, though :(

**BRENT**

Glad you're on the mend with the back Brent, but sucks about the leg.

I've had some mild to moderate back pain for the last month, and I started physiotherapy yesterday. I think mostly I need to stop a) sitting in an office all day, and b ) lifting heavy things when I'm not at work. I'm hoping the prescribed exercises will help with long-term core strength and prevent future flare-ups though.

Since I've become an old POS, I've found that doing stretching exercises a couple of times a day makes a huge difference in the number of aches and pains I get.

I just do 5 minutes in the morning and evening.

My tolerance for self abuse and other stupid moves is much higher now.

• Like 3

Not me but my son.  They have been getting smoked for the last few days resulting a bunch quitting.  He was not one of them.  They have been crawling through what he describes a mud and sewage.  He thinks he dislocated his shoulder while they were rolling around. He popped it back in and moved on.  He sent this:

af6eea89e5ea56533241dc0c9cc77d22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Went in for what I thought was an oral surgery consultation. Nope, it was the actual surgery. I had a crown come loose a couple of weeks ago and it was because there was insufficient material for it to adhere to. So the surgery is crown lengthening. They cut away gum and reshape bone to make more material for the crown to stick to. So I have stitches in my mouth, crappy pain meds and half a numb face. And a small eye of round roast that's been in the water bath for 30 hours that I might not be able to eat. Fun times. :)