And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

:(

Just out of curiosity -- which studio?  They obviously have good taste...

Also, did you make them come out and get them themselves (I hope)?

Me:  I paid US$2.179/gallon for gas today.  Super (93 octane).

Complete-USA 

they drove down from NY. We were able to get the stands and speakers in a rented van. 

Much easier with three people than two...wow.

i like that they will be put to good use making music.

i was able to avoid eBay and their absurd 15% fee, which helped both of us.

my credit rating just  jumped 62 points, back into 'excellent'. lol.

Also, I have been window shopping Rockville condos closer to my office, and it may be nice not to have so much stuff if I get serious about it.

• Like 2

Pinnacle was sold on HF.  I don't really use full size phones anymore, and found that the high spl environment caused some sort of tube ringing. Once I noticed it it became impossible to ignore. Not a fault of the amp, in my opinion.  Just the physics of exposed glass.  Along the way I became a fervent believer in passive preamps.

i'm already day dreaming about getting some magnepan mmgs.  That was quick.

• Like 7

You think about outfits more than I do, Jacob!

I chose to go into the office today in exchange for a floating holiday, and had a nice, quiet, and reasonably productive day. Then started re-arranging my apartment with the end goal of using my living room more and having an actual guest bedroom (shared with the diy rig, but something has to give).  The computer is moved, which was the priority.  Curtains, which were acquired over the weekend, get hung tomorrow when Mr. Planning goes to the hardware store before starting work. 

cncLojJh.jpg

Edited by cetoole
  • Like 6

I have had the same one suit since 11th grade in high schools that I purchased From JCP I think. Can probably count the number of times I've worn it on my fingers and toes. Pretty sure my choice of residency will likely take attire into account as well :) 

"Let your resume do the talking. If some place doesn't hire you or admit you because of the clothes you are wearing regardless of your academic accomplishments, then you don't want to be there anyways." - grandma. 

• Like 1

I'm at work in a sweatshirt, jeans, and boots, am in management, and my mom was always impeccably dressed as an advertising executive.  Also, I went to boarding school where I had to wear a coat and tie every day.  It would have to be my dream job, or a 50% raise, to get me to wear a tie and polished shoes more than 3-4x a year.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, grawk said:

It would have to be my dream job, or a 50% raise, to get me to wear a tie and polished shoes more than 3-4x a year.

This.  I'm in khakis and a button down shirt and that's standard fare.  On rare occasions a tie is required, but never a suit.  I hate ties and suits, probably because most have been ill-fitting and uncomfortable to wear.   

I actually admire you Jacob, it's rare to have someone that cares so much about looking good and professional, even if not a C-level exec.  Even our CIO here hardly wears a tie.

That said....I'm pretty much a slob.  Khaki's and collared shirts similar to Nate, but in jeans today because of snow and salt and what it can do to my pants.  Saves me money as well....

13 hours ago, cetoole said:

I chose to go into the office today in exchange for a floating holiday, and had a nice, quiet, and reasonably productive day. Then started re-arranging my apartment with the end goal of using my living room more and having an actual guest bedroom (shared with the diy rig, but something has to give).  The computer is moved, which was the priority.  Curtains, which were acquired over the weekend, get hung tomorrow when Mr. Planning goes to the hardware store before starting work. 

cncLojJh.jpg

Goddammit, Colin. I don't see a racing wheel in that picture. What gives?

13 hours ago, cetoole said:

cncLojJh.jpg

Your house looks much less crappy than I expected Colin.  Where are the ninja swords?

• Like 1

Got W-2s at work today. An early birthday present from President Obama. Punched it in to turbotax and it looks like I owe close to two grand. Thats less than I budgeted for, but it leaves an unwanted dent in my savings for a house down-payment. :angry:

Edited by TMoney