And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

IMG_1899.thumb.JPG.67ac76c92bcac5374b27c

This is what I looked like today after a two hour sanding session on the filler in the new living room ceiling...  Yesterday marked the three week point since I got the keys and all I've done is tear down stuff.  ;D  As of now it is just an empty shell...  The kitchen is gone, the bathroom was ok so I left the tiles but ripped out pretty much everything else, all the flooring is gone and three of the rooms have new wood floors.  This house was built in 1995 so I shouldn't need to be so extreme but hey, this is Head-case...  :)

• Like 14

Got a call from the mechanic.  The Good news: that noise I was hearing wasn't a stuck brake caliper.  It was a stick jammed way up into the whee well.  The bad news: The -14º weather here in scenic western MA froze my car's battery solid and they had to replace it.  

Meh, the good outweighs the bad here by a pretty large margin.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, skullguise said:

Second college visit completed in PA (Dickinson and Bucknell completed, Lehigh and Lafayette remain).  Made our way to the last hotel which will serve as base for the final 2 visits.

I gotta say....the the ride between Eastern and the Middle of PA is pretty fucking dreary.....

You're in my neck of the woods.  Sorta.  You should come see Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster while you're down here.

Did you shoot the gator?

Nope, just enjoyed watching them hangout. If they fucked with me, the mofo would get a double tap to the head.

Just a Lumix FZ1000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I woke up at 5:15 wondering if my friends who were coming to Tahoe late last night made it through the storm. They weren't here, I had no texts since before I went to sleep, and they didn't respond to a text asking about status. I was pretty panicked given the likely road conditions. Thankfully they answered the phone when I called and they are safe but stuck a few miles away. They made it over Donner Pass with cable chains in white-out snow and barely moving traffic, but then they had to wait at the top before the downhill side was reopened. After making it down, they got trapped at a roadblock because Highway 267 that gets them to the condo is closed to cars without link chains or "z-chains." Now, they are back in Truckee trying to find z-chains or a four-wheel Uber driver to get them here. They have been on the road about 10-11 hours.

I doubt we'll be able to get to the ski area this morning, but at least we're not slogging it out like them. :(

• Like 1