And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Jury Duty today.  I and about 25 others sat for a bit, waiting for cases to go to trial (or not).

We got called in for a DUI Criminal case.  7 of us were chosen, the rest went back to wait.  Eventually, we were told all other cases settled outside of trials, so we got released.  

Happy to serve, the last time I got impaneled and was a juror for a civil case.  Quite fascinating, and I truly feel I'm doing good.  This time....read a lot.

But now, I'm off for 3+ years again....

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EdipisReks said:

A sad story.  If I were ever called, I would take it very seriously.  Then again, I love 12 Angry Men.

I was the only one who actually took notes. Half the things said didn't add up. Directions people came from, the way the car was parked etc. We ended up disregarding the testimony of two witnesses because it was the exact opposite of the pictures taken at the crime scene showed. Most of them had already decided the guy was guilty when the girl came to the stand and showed the scar around her neck. I didn't have a problem with that but I did have a problem with assigning first degree attempted murder to it as there wasn't proof supporting that. I stuck to second degree and on the third day after going through my notes, a few other people agreed with me instead of just acting on emotion and saying oh the guy did a horrible thing. Throw the book at him whether there is any evidence for it or not. 

12 angry men was a fantastic movie. 

It's a Robo3D R1 plus(I did their Kickstarter a long time ago) which is apparently 8x9x10. Once you figure out the settings for the particular filament you are using it's easy but there is a lot of wasted plastic to get there.

I also need to contact them because I broke one of the plastic parts either in the move (over a year ago) or today.(First time I have used it in probably 16 months). I super glued it back together and its not a high load item but I think I should probably see about getting a new part.