And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to a Minor League AA baseball game. Zoë was awarded an academic thing along with kids from other schools, where she took a lap around the ballpark. Her mom dropped her off and Xavier and I stayed for the game and had a blast. It was our first baseball game together, and pretty sure we made some awesome memories tonight. Xavier is the age I was when I lost my dad, and want to make sure we have as much quality time together as we can.

cf46d930b73b2b4a0256014350e2e408.jpg

Slight seat upgrade.

e9b0162d3198859b6d4008fcf0cce1fe.jpg

We also had quite the dinner tasting menu over the course of 5 hours, including ballpark hotdog, pulled chicken nachos, Mexican rice, and some sliders.

Amazing night sharing a game I've loved with my son.

**BRENT**

• Like 13

Went to my niece's wedding last night.  It had to be moved because the original venue cancelled with <2 months left, but the new place came through in spades!  And it helped being closer to us.

Many highlights, including seeing some cousins I hadn't seen in years.  The new family is a blend of multiple cultures: we're Jewish, my brother married into an Irish family, and my new nephew is African-American.  A simple but truly amazing ceremony, and a great party.  Perhaps the oddest but greatest highlight: my nephew (bride's youngest brother) playing Hava Nagila for the Jewish Hora dance....on the bagpipes!

This morning, we take my mom and Karen's mom back to the same venue for Mother's Day brunch.

• Like 9

That is awesome Todd. That is the real strength of the USA.

So let me summarize the last week. Monday evening we flew down to Daytona. Tuesday, Karen signed her letter of intent and delivered her transcripts to ERAU HR. we then looked at a few rental properties. In the afternoon we met with the counselor for Peters middle school and got the paperwork started. In the evening the director of coaching for the Port Orange youth soccer team ran a special practice to evaluate Peter (The regular practice was Wednesday but looked like it was going to be rained out). Wednesday we got a cashiers check (harder than it appears when you are not local) and put a deposit down on the rental property we wanted (the rental agency was located in Alamonte Springs, halfway between Daytona and Orlando). We got back back and went to the real practice for the Port Orange soccer team. Peter will be playing for their U13 SuperY team, which is fricking awesome. Thursday, we hung out on the beach, chilled and then flew back to Charlston. On Friday, we received an offer on our house which we accepted. So if everything goes quickly we are out of Charleston by June 20th. Oh, Friday through Sunday we were dealing with his home clubs soccer tournament. Fuck me. I am tired just writing this.

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 10