And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Hanging out in and around Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some amazing scenery around Portland. Crater Lake is next on my list of things to see down that way.

I went swimming in this (or rather, a few miles south, this being the view from the office).

63cc0f9d5762c20a116e06d69c1ac0dd.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aardvark baguette said:

i parked in the firelane and got away with it.

Take THAT, society!

What do you mean, you got away with it?  I was throwing you dirty looks the entire time.  And then looking at the sign that said, "no parking or standing", and then looking back at you.  None of which you saw, because you were studiously ignoring me.

Okay, not really, completely different state.

Went to this place for a fencing tournament-

photo 20160528_133159 2_zpsutb5jshb.jpg

The tournament was called the Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Open (fencing tournament)

Lance placed third-

photo IMG_3490_zpszxfm4tfa.jpg

It was a good day. College fencing has been very very good to us.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 8

Visited the new "only in San Francisco" retail Emporium

a22b9a424250f0d81d76f971d4c7c825.jpg

Hmmm

097559fd9c3ad01cf1022b397863d6d1.jpg

Meanwhile at the new Apple Store+

1e3d5675288c6f154b93a2869aff1609.jpg

Yours for 24 million dollars plus if the permits are to be believed

You get holes in the front

e842e18cb1d955b0b9871adffc9006b1.jpg

Million dollar staircases complete with nerds

44a916a2f892ec9b7774d08c1f45d491.jpg

Indoor groves

632c312f2b43caa4674e75b613a7b415.jpg

Open spaces

80f56962e5ea3887b249a6fab71d4ff5.jpg

Nice views

12fd47ed0a3d265da65e2e74a869b155.jpg

And a predictable sense of disappointment

dd8abce59bc7e36d3302014020afa53b.jpg

e02c68c64734760c454f5cfb28ace085.jpg

Wait, zoom ...

67f47520702a5d14942007be05834b00.jpg

Enhance...

297824a2e1ac4c56fd742672f9d6b17a.jpg

And to defuse the the thought of excessive product margins ...

337d373601cf62e6db836eecc05a0954.jpg

Cynically deployed corporate art

7ab911a73116ab96012b8e971c3bd7c7.jpg

Went to the airpower museum with one of my sons,Planes for the jones beach show took off  from there.

Blue Angels, snowbirds,Breightling french Jets vintage planes .
New F35 fighter jet made a low pass over the runway.

To End the Day took a ride in the Yankee Lady B17 bomber as a Farthers day gift from my Kids.My Dad was a eginenier in  WWII & worked on & flew in the B17s.

So it was pretty cool day. 

Edited by bozebuttons
  • Like 7

Sounds like a decent plan, Al. My mother in law had a couple of minor accidents that could have been much worse and we had to cut her off. The alzheimers affected her memory but also her motor functions and ability to stay on task while driving. She didn't like it but by the time she was out here in California she agreed it didn't make sense anymore.

6 hours ago, Aimless1 said:

Mom managed to drive through a brick retaining wall today.  She is fine and no one was injured.  She still has no idea what happened.  I may have to take the keys away from her!

Do it.  My mom was real bad towards the end, and we did nothing (mostly because I had no control over my mother whatsoever).  Fortunately, nothing as bad as driving through a retaining wall happened, much less much worse, but I still regret not putting my foot down, as we did have one fender bender while I was in the car, and she wouldn't pull over.  Her biggest concern was whether or not my sister -- who had been following in another vehicle -- had seen.  She ended up stopping driving on her own, keeping the car so that other people could drive for her.

I mean, how would you feel if you didn't stop a drunk driver from driving and something happened?  Or driving while too tired to drive?  This is no different.  The car is a lethal machine, and a license is required for a reason.

My Grandfather's 3 children couldn't convince him. I was the one that had to sit him down and explain that killing himself was one thing, but killing some innocent person was not his right. He had hit a pedestrian about a week before, with minor injuries, but I was able to use that to get him to see the light. Was not an easy job though. 

When Karyl's father retired, he planned to travel.  The first year he lost all but his peripheral vision in one eye.  The next year he lost all but peripheral vision in the other eye.  He insisted on driving.  I placed my oldest daughter about 50 feet in front of the car.  I asked Karyl's dad where his grand daughter was?  He didn't have a clue.  That was the last time he sat in the drivers seat of a car.  Of course he still tried to help us drive, but he never drove again.

Not concerned Mom had an accident.  I am very concerned she still has no idea what happened.  I'm dealing with a woman who voluntarily left home to live on her own at age 14.  No molestation, no abuse, no family problems.  Pride and an uber independent streak.  I'll stop by to visit and discuss on Saturday.  If the car is not drivable (not known at this point) and totaled, that would make the discussion so much easier.  Either way, unless she can tell me with certainty what happened, her driving days are done.  Brave words perhaps at this point, but I have no intentions of allowing her to buy another vehicle and she would depend on me to find one for her.

• Like 2