And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

On 6/16/2016 at 11:21 AM, MexicanDragon said:

Went to work early so I can leave early and take Zoe and her friend to see Panic! At The Disco and Weezer.

Should be fun, except for the 4-5 hours on the road.

**BRENT**

I'm planning to drive to Calgary next month to see Ne Obliviscaris - 12h each way. :palm:

7 hours ago, Voltron said:

You have a uterus?

6 hours ago, MexicanDragon said:

1) That's dumb

2) it was 6 hours round trip

3) isn't 12 hours for you a round trip to the grocery store?

**BRENT**

Well now, this kind of bitchiness makes perfect sense now! Brent, take a Midol and refrain from posting until your "monthly friend" is gone.

• Like 1

Woke up to breakfast and a Father's Day gift.

11eab1ff01d3d20e69f6ee738ac0172c.jpg

6dd871266dfcc4a9ec74a2b496442ad5.jpg

Then hanging out before visiting dad's grave with mom.

2e5040094dbe965514d2d08627e53b61.jpg

Steak dinner, followed up by playing catch with the kids until it was too dark to see.

c0c715858f1c6fb7a3eff3529c6c20d9.jpg

3 hours hanging out with Zoë (Xavier wanted to spend the night at my mom's because she has a super comfy chair he wants to sleep in,) and now time for a nap before two days of training at work I have to go in early for.

Fairly solid day.

**BRENT**

• Like 6

Last night I went up to Fantasy Studios and listened and watched Mark Willsher show how he and Howard Shore did the sound for the Hobbit trilogy and show some of the tips and tricks of doing music for film. 

For the most part, it showed us how difficult it is to work with a huge budget film that's constantly changing and always on the edge of going over budget.

On the techy end of things, he showed us how easy it was to eat up the 768 tracks in Pro Tools HDX and why the flexibility (that eats up all those tracks) is necessary.

We even got a chance to see some scenes that Peter Jackson ended up cutting. 

What was also very cool, we were in the Fantasy Film Screening room that was just re-done with a 15 (IIRC) channel Meyer Sound system and super comfy seats. Probably the best cinema type bass I'm ever gonna hear/feel! The room doesn't officially open till  next month.

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 1.18.42 PM.png

• Like 9