And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Warning: graphic pet shit (literally).

So, both cats are having "issues" these days.  One is longer-term, but so far not concerning, just REAL annoying (extra soft stools, outside the litterbox sometimes).  Got some meds from the vet to try and resolve.

Just starting 2 days ago, the second one started meowing more and with a slight howling sound, you could tell he was uncomfortable; I thought constipated.  Some spitting up, and leaving little liquid drops of crap ALL around the fucking house (Karen and I were nuts, cleaning up after him).  So he had the second of two visits to the vet tonight.  Wonderful doctor inspects him, agrees that he may be constipated, offers a few things to try....

...so my cat had an enema tonight.

Got home, segregated this one from the main part of our house with a 3+ foot high TV box.  Both cats had separate litter and food.  I come downstairs, my son is there looking at the box.  And I see the cat in the kitchen.....   "Dude, why'd you let the cat in, didn't you see the section was closed off....?"  "Dad, i didn't touch it...he was in the kitchen when I came down...."

Oh, great.  But lo and behold, he just let loose a large dump in the litter we set up for the other cat!  He also seemed to be relieved, and he jumped up to his favorite window sill to get brushed, purring like (we hope) his old self.

So fingers crossed he's OK now, no more spotting or accidents.

And who knew....a friggin' kitty enema......

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 10

Yay for kitty! That had to feel good.

I have a new stray kitty hanging around. Kind of Orange and Grey dappled. Cute little thing. How is it they seem to know who to seek help from? Saw it hanging around Saturday. Put out some water, then headed to buy Cat Chow. It hasn't gone far from my door since. I'll see if I can get her to trust me (she's already making strides) then when she's ready, get her a permanent home. She seems very curious about Suzy. Suzy is very chill and loves cats.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, swt61 said:

Yay for kitty! That had to feel good.

I have a new stray kitty hanging around. Kind of Orange and Grey dappled. Cute little thing. How is it they seem to know who to seek help from? Saw it hanging around Saturday. Put out some water, then headed to buy Cat Chow. It hasn't gone far from my door since. I'll see if I can get her to trust me (she's already making strides) then when she's ready, get her a permanent home. She seems very curious about Suzy. Suzy is very chill and loves cats.

I got some new neighbors about a year ago, a young quiet couple, no kids. Half a year ago they got a kitty.
In the beginning I noticed the kitten often turned up when I got home from work, came over to the drive way for a short chit chat. During the summer it seems as if it spends more and more time in my garden. Besides from a bit of small talking I don't do much to keep it around, I don't feed it or anything as I don't want to hijack my neighbors kitty and it seems well fed. Yesterday I was sitting in my garden, reading - the kitten turned up, looked at me for a bit, I didn't say anything, just looked at it, and the kitten didn't say anything, and then it settle in the grass and stayed there for about two hours  - wonder what makes the kitten hang around that much

• Like 2

Like any of us, animals decide who they like and don't like as much. My Dad did not like cats, but when his little princess (no, not me...my Sister) wanted a cat, he let her pick a cat from the shelter. Who did the cat repeatedly sit on? Yep...in the end I think he really loved that cat, but he'd never have admitted it.

I seem to make animal friends easily, but for some reason Parrots in particular are drawn to me in an almost freakish way.

• Like 4

I think you're spot on Steve.  My father-in-law didn't seem to like animals, but my wife tells me that their dog they got when she was young used to gravitate a lot to him.  As time went on and she grew old and passed, he couldn't even tell my wife on the phone (she was at college), he was too choked up.

Animals can be truly amazing in their sensing of caring people.....even if those people don't know it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...